Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

EvilHawk posted:

Why are United fans throwing flares on the pitch when they're losing lmao

Because old Trafford is exclusively a tourist destination now and the end of the match day ticket package gives you a flare to throw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sebzilla posted:

Welp gg City enjoy your title

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Don't mind me, just getting my deck chair out for the meltdowns

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Not that it would have changed the outcome, but weird that Jesus didn't get a yellow after his dive.

Shame that Zlatan came back and the deficit was too much to come back from. No way they sign him another year after this. He needs to start over Lukaku right now, though. He could at least hold the ball up and play it to Rashford and Martial running past him.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
lol that everton at home are the only team they dropped points to, a result so bad liverpool managed it.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

The only good thing is that all other big teams also drop points. I also hope City have a meltdown and lose a ton of points.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
we've got a good run through march now, only tottenham and chelsea to worry about

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lmao Jose’s interview is great

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

blue footed boobie posted:

lmao Jose’s interview is great

What's he said

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

What's he said

I couldn’t explain it that well. He didn’t say anything controversial except that Herrera’s dive was a penalty(it was), but it was all very passive aggressive and enjoyable.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Just typical Mourinho whinging and cognitive dissonance about how his team plays.

Herrera is probably the most cynical player in the league so he shouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt on penalty decisions IMO. He went into that challenge looking for the penalty call, not to legitimately win the ball.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sticksy posted:

Just typical Mourinho whinging and cognitive dissonance about how his team plays.

Herrera is probably the most cynical player in the league so he shouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt on penalty decisions IMO. He went into that challenge looking for the penalty call, not to legitimately win the ball.

He actually did get the ball, though. Herrera left his leg hanging out there and invited the contact, but it’s still a penalty.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
It was nowhere close to a pen. Good call on the obvious dive.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its pretty obvious what Herrera is trying to do and the referee has a clear view of it. Definitely not a penalty.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
it was as much a penalty as liverpool fans are valued humans

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I don't think it was a penalty but I also loving hate Lovren and have done for years. He could have been a really good defender he excels in almost every trait his position needs, but he's thicker than dogshit. You can see it on his face when he's under pressure. He's too old to turn that around.

So non-penalty or not I think a smarter defender just carries on shepherding the attacker away from the goal from a safer position and none of this comes up in the first place. Plenty of players are gonna play dirty in the box against you, handling that is a key part of being a defender, you can't just complain about diving and act like that gets you off scot free.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 10, 2017

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
disappointed to have drawn to a soft penalty, but at least man united lost :discourse:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I don't think it was a penalty but I also loving hate Lovren and have done for years. He could have been a really good defender he excels in almost every trait his position needs, but he's thicker than dogshit. You can see it on his face when he's under pressure. He's too old to turn that around.

So non-penalty or not I think a smarter defender just carries on shepherding the attacker away from the goal from a safer position and none of this comes up in the first place. Plenty of players are gonna play dirty in the box against you, handling that is a key part of being a defender, you can't just complain about diving and act like that gets you off scot free.
nice summary IMO

Also, get hosed "José" and Herrera.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Another failure from Jose. He's a fraud imho. When was the last time he won something of note?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Shearer and Murphy laying into Mouinho and Klopp on MOTD was very satisfying

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Apparently there was a bust up in the Old Trafford tunnel. Things I've heard: Mourinho asked the City team to be respectful and turn down the music in the away dressing room, Mourinho and Ederson yelled in Portuguese at each other, Mourinho ended up covered in milk (???), Lukaku threw a bottle at someone, and Arteta got a cut on his forehead.

What a derby day

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/940004175290818561

pik_d fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 11, 2017

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Nice meltdown Jose

The very idea of Jose Mourinho complaining about anybody else being disrespectful

The man who spent the entire run up to the match complaining about City players going down too easy, then accusing the ref of ruining the game for not giving United a penalty for a blatant dive

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

Apparently there was a bust up in the Old Trafford tunnel. Things I've heard: Mourinho asked the City team to be respectful and turn down the music in the away dressing room, Mourinho and Ederson yelled in Portuguese at each other, Mourinho ended up covered in milk (???), Lukaku threw a bottle at someone, and Arteta got a cut on his forehead.

What a derby day

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/940004175290818561

Phwoar I love a good bust up that involves managers.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/939944132360974336

now thats a spicy meltdown

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
pretty sure klopp has murdered someone with an axe while laughing like that

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
mourinho is a bitter, broken human being and I would be ashamed of having him as my manager

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I'd rather have Mourinho than known frauds like Klopp or Wenger tbh.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

oliwan posted:

mourinho is a bitter, broken human being and I would be ashamed of having him as my manager
I'd kill myself, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Xabi posted:

I'd kill myself, to be honest.

Don't let that stop you.

• Locked thread