Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bawfuls posted:

This market seems ripe for opportunity (CA-49th).

This is Issa's district, where in 2016 he barely beat out retired Dem Marine Colonel (plays big here) Applegate. Now Applegate is trying to finish the job, but there's two other Dems in the jungle primary (Levin from OC and Jacobs as the Berniecrat), along with the two Rs Harkey and Chavez.

This race is way too unpredictable and wide open to give anyone a price near 75c as Harkey has right now. Election is tomorrow and in the past 2 weeks polling has been all over the place.

The district spans parts of northern SD county and southern Orange County. In 2016 the SD portion went for Applegate while the OC portion carried Issa to a squeaker of a win. Harkey and Levin are both OC candidates, while Applegate is from SD.

No shares currently available at 23c if anyone else wants in on this one, by the way. It's a solid tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Watch for any Minnesota markets being added. Our politicians and their parties have gone insane and the August primary is going to be huge.

For governor, first we have former (R) Gov. Tim Pawlenty running again, but he didn't seek the party nomination. In the primary he'll be facing off the endorsed candidate Jeff Johnson, who has already put out a press release calling on Pawlenty to drop out (he did this before Pawlenty even formally filed his papers today). Then we have the hot mess in the DFL side, where the big candidate going into the convention was Tim Walz, current Congressman from MN-01, but he didn't get it. The endorsement went to Erin Murphy, a state legislator. Then after the convention, current state AG Lori Swanson (who was running for another AG endorsement in the convention and lost) announced now she's running for governor, with running mate Rick Nolan, current Congressman who previously said he was retiring from MN-08

now Keith Ellison (MN-05) showed up and filed to run for AG. surprise! this means there may be some crazy scramble for people to file for that congressional district, or there will be a special election, or who even knows anymore

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

No shares currently available at 23c if anyone else wants in on this one, by the way. It's a solid tip.
with 13% reporting I look like a chump

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

there's a market for second-place finishers in some CA races too:

https://www.predictit.org/Market/4481/Who-will-place-second-in-the-2018-primary-for-California%27s-48th-District

i don't know if it's official/verified but this appears to be the CA SoS page for results in that race:

https://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/us-rep/district/48

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.

bawfuls posted:

you win some, you lose some.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I'm back with more bad tips about CA races. In the 48th, Keirstead and Rouda are currently separated by ~130 votes with likely tens of thousands left to count, and yet this market is not even close to the 50-50 it ought to be

https://www.predictit.org/Market/4481/Who-will-place-second-in-the-2018-primary-for-California%27s-48th-District

current results: https://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/us-rep/district/48

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bawfuls posted:

It turned out to be a bad take, but eh, still a good odea. I did the same bet on district 39, where folks seemed even more sure that the GOP candidate would finish first. As of today, it's currently within 2.5%, which is close but not quite close enough. Lots of votes to be counted (~33% still outstanding) and it was 3% apart after the election night, so it's been closing. If it was within maaaybe 1% it would have the potential to be an enormous windfall, as most of the users don't even realize the vote count in CA on election night is super preliminary.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

It turned out to be a bad take, but eh, still a good odea. I did the same bet on district 39, where folks seemed even more sure that the GOP candidate would finish first. As of today, it's currently within 2.5%, which is close but not quite close enough. Lots of votes to be counted (~33% still outstanding) and it was 3% apart after the election night, so it's been closing. If it was within maaaybe 1% it would have the potential to be an enormous windfall, as most of the users don't even realize the vote count in CA on election night is super preliminary.

I was on a similar thing with Fajardo in Chile. He was trading in the low single digits, 2-3c and turns out, he came within like 1.3% of placing second. If he had made second he would have won in the runoff.

Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

My first m-m-m-mega wipe in a while: losing basically a double max on Chris G in Nevada. Was anticipating initial positive results for her, and some time before Clark came in. Got crushed before I could flip anything.

• Locked thread