Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
I think Herman Cain will make a pretty strong showing in the primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
the magic the gathering trading website is doing some sort of pixel money thing now.

Weird!

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
ITT everybody pretends that a robot took over their job!

haha, that'll never happen in my field, I'm a dog that carries things for the military!

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
PYF bad movie nobody knows about

The Room is pretty funny!

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
Let me know about issues you're having with the forums

Hi, I'm radium and I'm here to say I like to code websites in a lovely way.

limaCAT

il pistone e male
congratulations on your 1200 pages op

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

cilantro is delicious!

at least, I think so

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

let's talk atoms

Atoms - you love em, you hate em, you can't live without em. Atoms probably exist, though they're mostly seen as a useful tool for accounting for mass in chemical reactions.

current understanding
Generally speaking, experiments suggest that they are neutrally charged, yet they contain electrons, which are negatively charged. So what the heck?? :confused:
J J Thompson is our guy here. He has shown that the atom looks like what he calls "plum pudding" (yum lol) with a positively charged soup in which a certain number of electrons (the characteristic "atomic number" of the atom in fact!) are floating, with enough positive charge in the soup or pudding (gettin hungry over here lol) to balance out the electrons.

So, what are your thoughts on atomic theory?

-----------------------------------------

Space reserved

Farecoal

There he go

alnilam posted:

let's talk atoms

Atoms - you love em, you hate em, you can't live without em. Atoms probably exist, though they're mostly seen as a useful tool for accounting for mass in chemical reactions.

current understanding
Generally speaking, experiments suggest that they are neutrally charged, yet they contain electrons, which are negatively charged. So what the heck?? :confused:
J J Thompson is our guy here. He has shown that the atom looks like what he calls "plum pudding" (yum lol) with a positively charged soup in which a certain number of electrons (the characteristic "atomic number" of the atom in fact!) are floating, with enough positive charge in the soup or pudding (gettin hungry over here lol) to balance out the electrons.

Space reserved

atoms are little bitches imo

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

let's talk atoms

current understanding

Space reserved

I try to stay positive despite what life throws at me. Am I causing an atomic problem?

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

What even is horchata?

You guys notice how shamalamadingdong has a twist in every movie? What a twist! Lol that's how I spell his name

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
Goon Project - the 4th crusade
hey shitfucks its me da fwiggin pope again and this time ive got the Venetians AND alexios teh great onboard for the fourth and final attempt on jerusalem. we’ve sorted out all the differences on both sides and are ready to take out some muslims together. making the wiki now will update with a link shortly

WindmillSlayer

The addiction/recovery megathread v2.0: Off the horse and on the wagon
i got my dog high and they ran into traffic.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
we can do it....in the dark! the radium girls MEGATHREAD

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
Not very professional my friend. I am a freelance journalist(was) and worked for USA Today for 14 years.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

RazzleDazzleHour

[political joke]

Koishi Komeiji

Post things that are chill

uuuhhhhh weed

Koishi Komeiji

Ranch is the only appropriate condiment for a hot dog.

Fight me :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
I've never read Ulysses MOD CHALLENGE ON PAGE 400

There's no way I'm reading something that long

• Locked thread