Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

poemdexter posted:

Can't wait for ATT to decide it wants to build it's own video streaming service and stop offering youtube and netflix to customers.

why would they stop offering it when they can simply charge money for it (as they already do)

think, mcfly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

net neutrality is a miniscule piece of legislation with a likely positive intent, though existing on the wrong level, as it should be part of some more overriding principle

it is notable only because it is a vehicle for privileged white kids to demonstrate that they actually care about politics, just not anything actually important

i.e; ignoring their countrymen getting shot by police for no reason would be a bit hollow if they can't simultaneously demonstrate that it is not that they are generally incapable of political expression, it is just less important to them than what tv shows they can stream next season

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

netted, but she still suckin

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

fishmech posted:

why would they stop offering it when they can simply charge money for it (as they already do)

think, mcfly

idk, why did Microsoft buy LinkedIn? why did google create three different tv devices? guess companies do stupid poo poo sometimes

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i.e; ignoring their countrymen getting shot by police for no reason would be a bit hollow if they can't simultaneously demonstrate that it is not that they are generally incapable of political expression, it is just less important to them than what tv shows they can stream next season

But what about

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

fishmech posted:

think, mcfly

probably for the same reason that almost all of these

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

There Will Be Penalty posted:

probably for the same reason that almost all of these

yeah so what part of that made you say the thing you said next to it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Thank fully I only use online for emails and emailing

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
trumpnet

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

fishmech posted:

"why would ___ stop offering ___ when they can simply charge money for it" fits many of those examples

probably not "most" as i previously characterized, but hence i said "probably for the same reason"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

There Will Be Penalty posted:

"why would ___ stop offering ___ when they can simply charge money for it" fits many of those examples

probably not "most" as i previously characterized, but hence i said "probably for the same reason"

Bruh the modern way they do it and are doing it right now is to let their favored service be unlimited and then tie disfavored services to the normal data cap or throttling eg t-mobile advertising that Netflix is now unlimited means there's other things that aint

You can then charge huge amounts for overages or to lift throttling

BTW mobile providers like AT&T and T-mobile have been explicitly exempted from net neutrality regs the whole time because they're not wireline

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
eh net neutrality who needs it

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

stop doxxing me

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i heard its an alternative internet hosted exclusively in switzerland op. the websites are mostly about chocolate (and tax evasion)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

fishmech posted:

fishmech u suck

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

it means treating isps like big fat dumb pipes iykwim

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

fart simpson posted:

fishmech u suck

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I miss that show

• Locked thread