Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

rydiafan posted:

You want to ally with me and put that recycle in? I can get rid of my impact if I draw it. Impact seems like the least bad bad card, though, so no worries if you want to save your recycle.

This early in the game, I would actually prefer trying to garner as much information about all players as possible. Having a known decent card, known bad card, and a random card in my hand is better in my mind than a known bad card and two random cards in my hand. We can save my Recycle for when we really need it.

That said, if you want me to toss it in now, I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I have no useful cards left right now, so I'd prefer not to be anyone's ally right now.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

If nobody has an energy to throw we can play a Hull Breach, while we have the energy to fix it.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 27, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

rydiafan posted:

If nobody has an energy to throw we can play a Hull Breach, while we have the energy to fix it.

I can actually help with that.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Perfect.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Just to clarify, nimby can only use the energy in front of him to fix a hull breach when it's his turn to play. Other players can't use his energy for him. Since nothing happened, I'm perfectly happy to rewind a little and let nimby use the energy for other things.

I will also re-emphasize the refresh ability that everyone has: pay one energy to discard a card then draw a card. I had forgotten to copy it to the OP when I copied the other abilities.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Dancer posted:

Just to clarify, nimby can only use the energy in front of him to fix a hull breach when it's his turn to play.

Sure, but unless I misread your description Hull Breach didn't trigger until my turn, and if nimby doesn't fix it on his turn we'll just shove him out an airlock.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
That is correct. But nimby's turn is 5 turns from now. That's about one third of the game, and plenty of time for one of the three Discharge cards to show up :v: .

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Whelp, nobody else was offering any better plays, so that's the plan I'm going with.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bump and clarification that Some Numbers is my official ally choice.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Yes, I had indeed missed that part :v:. I messaged Some Numbers but, as previously, I'm not going to push to move the game faster, for now. I'll start doing that once the holidays are truly gone.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Okay, I have it in, the two cards to come out are:
Hull Breach.
Energy
You may choose what order to resolve them in (not relevant this time around), and you may use your energy.

Game status:

6 oxygen cells left
0 cards in discard
32 cards in draw pile

nimby - Engineer
2 cards
2 energy

rydiafan - Captain - active player
2 cards

Shadow 225 - Researcher
2 cards

Some Numbers - Navigator
2 cards

CirclMastr - Weapons Expert
3 cards

The General - Doctor
3 cards

Dancer fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 30, 2017

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I thought I was a doctor.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

We're in a spaceship, so I corrected you.

The General posted:

Dammit Dancer, I'm a doctor, not a researcher!

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Paging rydiafan.

And also the other 3 players to say anything :v

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I am here but as said, my hand is terrible so please don't pick me to be an ally.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

nimby posted:

We're in a spaceship, so I corrected you.

I can't believe I messed that up :negative:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Yeah, I dunno why, in my files I saved you as a second Researcher. This shall be fixed post-haste.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Since my ability currently doesn't seem useful (I'm sure it will be later, though) I will use the energy I drew to get the Hull Breach half fixed, then end my turn.

I have Impact and Air Lock. I don't think I'm a good ally choice currently.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
For the first time, someone draws a card :v:. Shadow 225 draws one to fill their hand up to 3.
Game status:

6 oxygen cells left
0 cards in discard
31 cards in draw pile

nimby - Engineer
2 cards
2 energy

rydiafan - Captain
Hull Breach - 1 more energy required
2 cards

Shadow 225 - Researcher - active player
3 cards

Some Numbers - Navigator
2 cards

3 cards

The General - Doctor
3 cards

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I'm a poor choice of ally. Probably not the worst, but there's (I hope) definitely better available.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I've got good things I can toss in there. Some energy, some recycling. You know, all the important things.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

There's almost certainly an Energy in the command deck currently, fwiw. We've drawn exactly what we put in every time, and that's far more likely if in actuality we we're pulling a different energy card from what we put in at least once.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

General, how would you feel about throwing the energy in the pot so that we can fix the hull breach this turn?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Absolutely. I feel like holes in the ship are bad.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

That's all that I need to know.

I formally choose The General as my partner.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Shadow and I would like to invite you all to the wedding ♥♥

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The cards that came out of the command pile are:

Energy
Impact

Shadow225 may choose whether to tank the Impact, and if and how to use the Energy. Reminder that taking damage removes your abilities (so Hull Breach is the only thing you can still use it for).

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Hmmm. My recycle didn't pop up. Weird.

I don't want to tank the damage since I can do that exactly twice and there are other ways to take damage, and we have margin of error still, so let's lose a cell.

Then I will accrue the energy.

At the end of the turn, I will use the energy to patch up the hull breach before a Discharge pops out.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
(at my PC now; last time was phoneposting so couldn't really be elaborate)

Game status:

5 oxygen cells left
4 cards in discard
30 cards in draw pile

nimby - Engineer
2 cards
2 energy

rydiafan - Captain
2 cards

Shadow 225 - Researcher
2 cards

Some Numbers - Navigator - active player
3 cards

3 cards

The General - Doctor
2 cards

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Does anyone still have Energy in their hand?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I have Impact and airlock.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I have a recycle, that could be energy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The General posted:

I have a recycle, that could be energy.

Close enough!