Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Fast Luck posted:

Henry had a system for the stuff he didn't know on that task so it was only a matter of time before he was going to solve it. Team Xtreme tried to just think it out and couldn't. Jess's strategy was basically to just keep brute forcing it and not giving up while slightly learning as she went. She got a good break and won, but even then she wouldn't have if she didn't have a nice headstart on Yale.

That crab challenge was way harder than the restaurant one. Indy car switched, sucked at the restaurant thing, and still got to the next task before both crab teams.

I was rooting against Yale though. Evan is such a Type A personality it's no wonder the other teams didn't like them. Also, they and Indy car checked in with each other trying to figure out the sign challenge at the end of Hong Kong, and then Yale solved it and just had to get to the pit stop. Team Xtreme hadn't even showed up yet. But Evan yells at Henry for telling Indy car to go "back up that way" or something vague like that... any thoughts on that?

Evan was 100% right to get annoyed with Henry. There's no reason to help someone at that stage in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

Riptor posted:

Evan was 100% right to get annoyed with Henry. There's no reason to help someone at that stage in the game

Yes, there was always a chance that Yale would have been stuck in traffic on the way to the pit stop or something like that. I felt bad for Indy Car though, even when a team loses because of a puzzle or something then I want to still see them get the answer or figure it out.

I also have mixed feelings about Big Brother team, they had an entertaining edit and were mostly unrecognizable from their season of BB. Until Cody said he would show his daughter this season to teach her how to win, I had forgotten all about "victim noises" and "betas," etc.

Fedelm fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 26, 2018

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

What a loving crock of poo poo that Team Big Brother won. It's season 29 all over again, a strong competitor carrying a loving wet bag around the world. If teams still had to split road blocks evenly, Cody and Jessica would've gone home ages ago.

They SERIOUSLY need to bring that rule back.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 26, 2018

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
It was weird because they seemed to reference that rule - it's why Jessica said she had to be the one to do the final challenge. But other than that they didn't seem to refer to it or have it play into things all season

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Riptor posted:

It was weird because they seemed to reference that rule - it's why Jessica said she had to be the one to do the final challenge. But other than that they didn't seem to refer to it or have it play into things all season

I think it was just on the final leg whoever did the climbing/rappelling couldn’t do the airplane puzzle. Doesn’t seem like they enforced any full season rules on splitting roadblocks. If the wiki is accurate it looks like every team was evenly split or only one off from an even split except for Cody/Jessica who were 6/3 on roadblocks

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm just bummed Team Extreme didn't win. I liked them a lot. The Nascar guys were also a good and positive team.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Der Shovel posted:

I'm just bummed Team Extreme didn't win. I liked them a lot. The Nascar guys were also a good and positive team.

Indy guys. Very different sport, they have to make right turns sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Indy guys. Very different sport, they have to make right turns sometimes.

I thought it was very funny how the one couldn't deal with driving in mud because he's used to pristine track conditions.

• Locked thread