Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If its any consolation, Chelsea will probably sack Conte within the next couple of days.

Which is an echo of United doing that to Van Gaal two years ago.

At least in the 2016 final though we at least got the satisfaction of watching Pardew humiliating himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Jose posted:

pooshited

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

At least Mourinho can develop Man U for the long term.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

wooger posted:

See Phil Jones there, reminded me of something I meant to ask: what’s with these players who have their socks somehow pulled up above their knees?

Seems horribly uncomfortable, boggles the mind how they stay there (tape), and looks odd.

Does anyone else who actually plays football (at any level) ever see people doing this?

TBF they deserve to be shot. Alas, that’s too harsh apparently but we can still laugh at them.

Much like I laugh at “the special one”.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Is Mou giving the finger through the whole interview?

https://twitter.com/Sof_Fun/status/997907204194922501?s=19

greazeball fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 19, 2018

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Mou fraud status = confirmed.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

EvilHawk posted:

Lmao get hosed United, Mourinho, all their players, all their fans

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

EvilHawk posted:

Yeah this sounds good

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Liverpoo do the needful and make it the most miserable season possible for United, ta

Still entertained at Mourinho losing a final because the other team did a better job of 'score one goal then defend'

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I'd really like Mou to go back to his home planet

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I thought united did well in the second half ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

They will have wanted to score a goal imho

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I can't decide what is funnier: That Conte's last game for Chelsea will be an FA cup final win or that Jose lost to a side that scored an early goal and then defended for 70 minutes.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

cheese posted:

I can't decide what is funnier: That Conte's last game for Chelsea will be an FA cup final win or that Jose lost to a side that scored an early goal and then defended for 70 minutes.

Definitely the latter, I'm still having a little chuckle

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
hahaha half a billion and they won gently caress all :twisted:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

EvilHawk posted:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
City have spent a whole lot more and thus made it impossible for United IMO.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Approach play improved but the end product still lacked any teeth at all and didn't improve much with the subs, it's almost as if the two forwards brought on haven't played for ages. Chelsea always looked dangerous on the counter, Mourinho's gameplan clearly had no Phil Jones doing something stupid contingency. Chelsea were the better team when it mattered and like I said earlier today, we could have played another 90 minutes and not scored. United should have taken this one on like the Liverpool match at Old Trafford, but obviously the plan was to try and nick it, horribly wayward passing not withstanding.

Our season has just petered out since City officially won the title, players clearly have an eye on the upcoming World Cup and Mourinho being unable to gee up the team for what would have made for a decent season rings some alarm bells given this type of match is supposed to be his speciality. That was Rashford's worst performance for us by a country mile, I don't remember him looking dangerous at all outside that chance he stuck into Courtois' shoulder. In hindsight I might have looked at Lingard instead of Herrera in midfield and tried Martial in the middle with Rashford wide since most of the time he ended up there anyway crossing to no one since he was supposed to be the main centre forward. To end up with one obviously reliable centre forward after the money spent last summer is worrying.

"WTF was that" when it came to final ball/putting a chance away was the modus operandi for the second half, we flattered to deceive and got what we deserved.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 20, 2018

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ninpo posted:

Approach play improved but the end product still lacked any teeth at all and didn't improve much with the subs, it's almost as if the two forwards brought on haven't played for ages. Chelsea always looked dangerous on the counter, Mourinho's gameplan clearly had no Phil Jones doing something stupid contingency. Chelsea were the better team when it mattered and like I said earlier today, we could have played another 90 minutes and not scored. United should have taken this one on like the Liverpool match at Old Trafford, but obviously the plan was to try and nick it, horribly wayward passing not withstanding.

Our season has just petered out since City officially won the title, players clearly have an eye on the upcoming World Cup and Mourinho being unable to gee up the team for what would have made for a decent season rings some alarm bells given this type of match is supposed to be his speciality. That was Rashford's worst performance for us by a country mile, I don't remember him looking dangerous at all outside that chance he stuck into Courtois' shoulder. In hindsight I might have looked at Lingard instead of Herrera in midfield and tried Martial in the middle with Rashford wide since most of the time he ended up there anyway crossing to no one since he was supposed to be the main centre forward. To end up with one obviously reliable centre forward after the money spent last summer is worrying.

"WTF was that" when it came to final ball/putting a chance away was the modus operandi for the second half, we flattered to deceive and got what we deserved.

No

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

What is "did you read a word I wrote" for 200 Alex?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ninpo posted:

What is "did you read a word I wrote" for 200 Alex?

I did not read it op

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bape Culture posted:

I did not read it op

You make me sad, Ash

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ninpo posted:

You make me sad, Ash

I make myself sad op but I fuckin hate manxhwrt hnited

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bape Culture posted:

I make myself sad op but I fuckin hate manxhwrt hnited

I know, but do you hate me?

I thought of you with sympathy when 'boro didn't come up...is there no room to consider the poster behind the post?

There's like, almost zero seriousposting for top 4/top 6 sides anymore, a lot of TRP legends that support such sides don't even post at all (pours one out for Taff)...

Hate the team, don't hate the poster? I think you get more enjoyment if United fans feel like they can post their laments and engage in them, rather than feel there's no point doing so in the first place.

On a side note, genuinely wanted Pulis back in the Prem so, that sucks OP. Hopefully next year.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i’m serious posting that seeing Mourinho melt down was better than winning the trophy

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ninpo how long do you see Mourinho staying?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly don't know. I genuinely think he expected a title challenge this season only for City to be ridiculous. I think if he's nowhere near again next season then it probably won't look good for him.

There's a general air of "Yes, but..." around Mourinho when talking about how well he's doing, the reasons for which have been done to death already.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I like u ninpo. I also like taff x

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Whatever happened to Taff, did he leave to go full time fun-running or whatever

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Ninpo posted:

Bit harsh on Rashford when he spent the first half making runs that were completely ignored by midfield in favour of knocking a ball sideways and eventually getting a bad cross into the box.

Mourinho this season has looked like he has absolutely no idea how to coach an attack either with individual players or tactically as a unit outside of a few games. He is seemingly very poor at man management now repeatedly throwing his own players under the bus, deciding 6 gamenhero Scott Mctominay is the player of the season, god alone knows what his transfers will look like but as a united are twats fan it's pretty loving cool that they've employed an apparent relic who is trying really hard to gently caress up the club.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TheBigAristotle posted:

Whatever happened to Taff, did he leave to go full time fun-running or whatever

He's very active on twitter and is too good for these forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
abramovich wasn't able to go to the match lol

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/998192692151635968

• Locked thread