Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
*thinking hard* what if you could ask clippy to tell you what the weather was, order your groceries etc....house s would no longer need windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Black Mirror: Origins S1E3 What Is Right
Episode Summary: Cavemen discover that some pigments can be used to write down thoughts and memories. The technology seems helpful, until someone realizes you can write falsities as easily as truths
Notable quotes: Caveman (seeing his words and art deformed, with no ability to erase the marks on the cave walls): What truths have we been able to find from nature? We seek to record our triumphs, but nature easily reverses its marks upon us in a cruel mimicry, like a mirror.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Koishi Komeiji

Chill la Chill posted:

Black Mirror: Origins S1E3 What Is Right
Episode Summary: Cavemen discover that some pigments can be used to write down thoughts and memories. The technology seems helpful, until someone realizes you can write falsities as easily as truths
Notable quotes: Caveman (seeing his words and art deformed, with no ability to erase the marks on the cave walls): What truths have we been able to find from nature? We seek to record our triumphs, but nature easily reverses its marks upon us in a cruel mimicry, like a mirror.

The cave painting says "Krugg have big dick" but another caveman vandalized it to read "krugg no have big dick"

Krugg: Wow, black mirror was right.

Koishi Komeiji

Black Mirror S26E52: Killer app

Plot summary:

Bonzi Buddy except he's evil and kills people and he eventually kills off the entire human race because no one can bring themselves to uninstall the little guy.

Notable quotes:

Bonzi Buddy: I Talk! I email! I browse! I download! I kill!
Man: It sucks that he's going to kill me but it's so convenient to have all those net services done with one app, and he's cute too!
*Bonzi Buddy kills man*

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I like to imagine the cavemen in the black mirror origins episodes are cast by actors like patrick stewart, so they can deliver maximum oratory delight befitting such eloquent people

Koishi Komeiji

"Now, wot we wuz tryin' to do with dis ere' telly show was wot if all them tecknolgies was bad. Like wot if your telly could watch you while you was avin' a fook with your bird? Or wot if a bloody mobile does a happy slap on a chav? Blimey! I bet no bloke has ever thought of sumthin like this before!"

alnilam

Koishi Komeiji posted:

"Now, wot we wuz tryin' to do with dis ere' telly show was wot if all them tecknolgies was bad. Like wot if your telly could watch you while you was avin' a fook with your bird? Or wot if a bloody mobile does a happy slap on a chav? Blimey! I bet no bloke has ever thought of sumthin like this before!"

cheers

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

A man dreams of a nightmare future where the world is populated by robots that look like Minions who handle most of the custodial/manufacturing/service industries. There's no obvious malice from the Minion-bots, but he becomes more and more anxious as he notices that the Minion-bots speak their own language and are actively communicating with one another. The dream becomes more and more ominous until the man awakes screaming.

He is relieved upon realizing that he had dreamt of that nightmare world. There's a knock at his bedroom door and his door opens. A FunkoPop Servant Robot that resembles Magneto enters the room and says, "I heard a scream. Do you need assistance?" The man glances over and says, "Oh Mags, you wont believe the zany dream I just had!"

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Farecoal

There he go

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Dem Mek Boyz are more metal bitz than fleshy bitz! Nothin' good comes from messin' wit what Gork (or Mork) gave ya!

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Black Mirror: Origins S1E3: It Is Wednesday

Episode summary: Cavemen have discovered that days come in cycles. They realize that at certain times of the year, plants die, and in others, plants are reborn. This happens over and over again. It was time to put together a calendar.

Notable quote: My hubris! I thought that Man, having conquered all of nature and seeking to name each waking cycle, could name each day and night! But as the scope of the cycle is too vast, as the stars move ever so slowly in their grand migration around our land only to come back for the next cycle, I can only ask: "When, when is today?" Thus I can only proclaim, "It is When's Day, my dudes!"

alnilam

Chill la Chill posted:

Black Mirror: Origins S1E3: It Is Wednesday

Episode summary: Cavemen have discovered that days come in cycles. They realize that at certain times of the year, plants die, and in others, plants are reborn. This happens over and over again. It was time to put together a calendar.

Notable quote: My hubris! I thought that Man, having conquered all of nature and seeking to name each waking cycle, could name each day and night! But as the scope of the cycle is too vast, as the stars move ever so slowly in their grand migration around our land only to come back for the next cycle, I can only ask: "When, when is today?" Thus I can only proclaim, "It is When's Day, my dudes!"

I liked the subplot with the lazy orange saber toothed tiger complaining about Moon-days

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

alnilam posted:

I liked the subplot with the lazy orange saber toothed tiger complaining about Moon-days

:eyepop:

Peanut Butler

alnilam posted:

the lazy tiger is constantly vexed by a craving for a foodstuff that will be impossible to create for millennia to come

wearing a lampshade

alnilam posted:

cda

by Hand Knit
Confucius looking at a Chinese coin: I predict this whole money thing will have some bad consequences

Jolo

Opening up a fortune cookie fortune that reads "http://www.findyourdailyfortune.cookie.com/home/"

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

Jolo posted:

Opening up a fortune cookie fortune that reads "http://www.findyourdailyfortune.cookie.com/home/"

and then the webpage 404s :stonk:

Macnult

A coal mine under attack by digital canaries somehow manages to depict the horrors of investing in crypto currency

Macnult

An episode about the writers of a tv show who have come so far from a niche community that they can write the same 6 episodes for every season. All is well until Kenneth, a self-teaching robot, develops an algorithm that does a better job than the writers ever could. Furious and hoping to not get fired, the writers plot to destroy Kenneth. Kenneth kills all of them except for one: the writer who was ‘the lookout’. The rest of the episode is a court drama - although killing in self defense is legal in the town, the law has only applied to humans thus far.

beer pal

-automatic door wont open & let me into the sobeys-
gently caress... its started already huh...

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

cda

by Hand Knit

beer pal posted:

-automatic door wont open & let me into the sobeys-
gently caress... its started already huh...

Lol

cda

by Hand Knit
*watchign as Doritos bag gets stuck in vending machine* So this is how it begins...

Piso Mojado

cda posted:

Ancient Black Mirror writer, looking at the Tigris: ... But what if it flooded ALL the time, you wouldn't like it then, would you?

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Black Mirror: Origins S1E4 – Good Boy

Episode Summary

We see the day in the life of Ughh, a powerful caveman. He has command over many beasts. Sheep graze near him which he uses for wool. Cows, likewise, which he uses for milk. He slays Mammoths. He even has a pit with several chickens in it which he uses for eggs. His prized possession is Fido – his hunting dog. All is well until one day, after he mistreats Fido, the dog turns on him and kills him.

Notable Quote

Ughh (as he lies bleeding from Fido's attack): What hubris. I commanded all the beasts of this land, but in the end it is Fido – who I trained to be a killer for me – Kills me. The irony. The folly.

wearing a lampshade

Ugg spends his days painstakingly creating an elaborate cave painting of the exploits of his tribe, except when he shows his finished work they argue about what each of the drawings actually are because they're, well, cave drawings and they're kind of lovely and everything's a stick person or a stick animal. Ugg gets mad and says it should be obvious what everything is and it's exactly how they look like in real life. His friends try to explain that he only knows what everything is because he drew it, but he refuses to listen and calls them all morons and leaves in a huff.

The next day he wakes up, and the world has been transformed - EVERYTHING looks like it's been painted on a cave wall. His friends are all simplistic stick figures, animals are all roughly four legged and have tails, and everything is two dimensional. Ugg spends the episode pretending everything is fine despite obviously not being able to tell anyone or anything apart (hilarious hijinks ensue when he can't identify his wife), and he eventually concedes to his friends that he should probably get some perspective on the matter.

cda

by Hand Knit
Machiavelli: Nation-states are awesome.

CUT TO: Auschwitz.

Machiavelli: Wait..no..

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BoldFrankensteinMir

S30E02: a niche comedy forum running decade-old software laughs at people who fear embracing modern tech. But when eccentric site owner Chad "Spendless" Pyotomyr transforms the forum into a faceless corporate mega-site overnight, the peanut gallery learn a valuable lesson about snark and superiority...

Scroon

"Wait a minute, gang. This isn't a spooky ghost at all!"
*Removes latex mask*
"This whole time it was just our vague sense of ennui and nihilism loosely cloaked in the foil of techno-futurism!"

"Argh, and I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dog too!"

alnilam

*holding my hands under the auto faucet but no water comes, it dispenses for a second when i pull my hands away, as if to taunt me*

my god... what have w done

DISCO KING

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Hey what if
*hits blunt*
what if
*hits blunt*
what if we're only allowed to speak out so they can kill us later
*passes blunt, but everybody's already left the party*

Jolo

A single Coke Freestyle machine. The display shows 25 drink options available, but a tab at the bottom shows that there are 6 other pages of drink options available. A parched man waits in a line behind three energetic children. One of the kids says to the others, "I'm gonna have a suicide!" and begins pressing the buttons one by one, dispensing small amounts of each drink into his 64 oz cup. The second and third kids say, "YEAAHHHH! I'm gonna have a suicide too!" The man at the back of the line looks down, fingers the poison pill in his pocket, and mutters, "Yeah... me too"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Black mirror is just a Seinfeld episode but replace George with robots!

My god!

*screams into the street with his newly found knowledge but everyone shrugs because Seinfeld was so good that people don’t mind*

• Locked thread