Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Panzeh posted:

welp that's a nice hot take, we must appease the nazis to prevent the nazis

this poo poo has been on plain display in the eu and us. who the gently caress would've thought the daughter of jean-marie la pen who said the holocaust was a 'minor detail' of ww2 would get 37% of the vote in france 30 years ago? and this is when, while the economy isn't booming, there's no depression or anything like that. i can only imagine how much worse it would be then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The resurgence of fascism is inevitable when liberal centrists and conservatives owned wholesale by sociopathic corporations desperately suppress leftists and leave fascism as the more socially acceptable response to a broken system that's turned to robbing the middle class back into poverty so the giga-rich can increase their high scores

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Inescapable Duck posted:

The resurgence of fascism is inevitable when liberal centrists and conservatives owned wholesale by sociopathic corporations desperately suppress leftists and leave fascism as the more socially acceptable response to a broken system that's turned to robbing the middle class back into poverty so the giga-rich can increase their high scores

Whoa gramps get with the times, everyone should be thrilled with enriching the wealthy at the expense of everyone else. Unless you're a NATIONALIST

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inescapable Duck posted:

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Wow, now you're recommending fascism as a viable alternative to leftism in the fight against global capitalism?

I can't help but label this 'boiguoise fragility'.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

How many people will need to get new jobs when the market moves the energy sector away from black stuff? 60 year olds will have to retire early, and people will have to find new jobs that pay less and have less benefits. Won't some one think of the American coal miner and oil driller? We should limit the amount of energy produced by other sources. In order to retain these high paying jobs.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

Wow, now you're recommending fascism as a viable alternative to leftism in the fight against global capitalism?

I can't help but label this 'boiguoise fragility'.

Saying something is bound to happen isn't a recommendation, it's a prediction based on historical precedent

How many people will need to get new jobs when the market moves the energy sector away from black stuff? 60 year olds will have to retire early, and people will have to find new jobs that pay less and have less benefits. Won't some one think of the American coal miner and oil driller? We should limit the amount of energy produced by other sources. In order to retain these high paying jobs.

The real answer to the problem of not enough work to go around is a basic income.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm not recommending fascism I'm describing to you what historically the conditions are for the rise of fascist movements

e: oh you

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Rich people seem to forget part of the social contract that comes with "you provide work and pay us for it" is the implied threat underneath of "or we will loving take it from you."

That's historically the way it's always been. Acknowledging that is not a recommendation we do it, because it's likely to happen regardless of our opinions

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

i'm not recommending fascism I'm describing to you what historically the conditions are for the rise of fascist movements

e: oh you

Alright, I have five hours on my hand. Let's have a honest, calm, and fact-based debate over this. No joke. Just the two of us

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Alright, I have five hours on my hand. Let's have a honest, calm, and fact-based debate over this. No joke. Just the two of us

wait 6 hours lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Oh well

A_Bug_That_Thinks fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 21, 2018

• Locked thread