Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There was a great Ocean's Eleven style cattle heist that occured over the weekend in Iowa. Oddly enough the victims of this great crime were Wolfes.

Also, Jastinger is now opening up a new veal restaurant.

"Some local lovely news site posted:

RED OAK, Iowa —
Don Wolfe has seen his fair share in his 34 years as a livestock seller, but over the weekend he encountered a first- a cattle crook.

"Somebody will steal hay, I've had that happen," Wolfe said, "but not cattle."

Wolfe, who co-owns the Omaha/Red Oak Livestock Market with his son, Pat, believes 34 steer calves were swiped from his property between 2:30 and 8 Sunday morning. The buyer, who made the purchase Saturday, was set to pick the cattle up later that day.

"[We were] back out here Sunday morning at 8 o'clock and no cattle," Wolfe said.

Wolfe says that's a $27,000 hit to his business.

"That's a good year's hard work is what it amounts to," Wolfe said.

Wolfe and his son believe the thief snuck the cattle out from their pen through an unlocked chute.

"I'm upset but I mean you gotta live with it, you gotta sleep at night," Wolfe said.

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office is investigating the incident, but Wolfe thinks the black and white calves may be hard to identify with no brands and easy-to-remove green ear tags.

The pair offer the following advice to others with livestock pens: lock them up.

"We made a foolish mistake by not locking up," Wolfe said.

The Wolfes are offering a $3,000 reward for any tips leading to an arrest. People with information should call the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office at 712-623-5107.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
cattle rustlin'

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I guess they should’ve branded their cattle. Some rookie cattlemen from the looks of it

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I stoled the cattle and I'm not sorry!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

King of Bees posted:

I just called the USDA on you you filth, my dad was a cattle

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

King of Bees posted:

Sweet thank you, I was hoping to trick someone into admitting it so I can get the reward money.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Maybe he'll have to give up a wife or two after this

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

King of Bees posted:

Gonna dine on steaks for the next 6 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
What do meth-heads do with a herd of cattle? Can you smoke them?

• Locked thread