Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I might actually have to use this thread for reference for what to watch, eurobeat isn't even the only trashy "euro" genre I unironically want to listen on occasion.

I watched some episodes of some new'ish Initial D anime a few years back and it didn't strike terrible for me. Only then did I realize the show inhabits this weird "niche" or zone that most anime fans don't care about/just straight out hate because of the kind of culture (Well, cars and stuff around them) it is steeped in. So it feels like it's separate from rest of the anime fandom entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Initial D has the memes

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
You should just watch battle stage 1&2 which is pretty much just all the racing bits, although there isn't one for the final part.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm never going to experience an initial D

What about a subsequent D?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i tried reading the manga but the drawings of humans were terrible and i think that street racing is ridiculous and irresponsible. actually i don't remember why i tried reading the manga at all.

I was on drugs at the time and unable to sleep and read rather a lot of it

I remember very little

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Started watching this because of the memes but surprisingly good, still holds up compared to other animes of the time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ulio posted:

Started watching this because of the memes but surprisingly good, still holds up compared to other animes of the time.

Dude 1998 was a great year for anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Dude 1998 was a great year for anime

Ya I didn't mean this was the only one. Serial Lain and Bebop also look good.

Also love it when an anime introduces me to an entire new genre of music.

• Locked thread