Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

First of all, Post/av combo.

Second, what game is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

First of all, Post/av combo.

Second, what game is this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati:_New_World_Order

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I never played INWO, but I did buy the Church of the Subgenius expansion for $5 because of how weird the art was.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Bloop posted:

I have a similar deck built around Day of the Dragons

It isn't about win %, it's about how absurd the wins are when they come!

So I've been kicking around the idea of a green/blue insect tribal deck and if I ever make the thing this is going in there.

Hundreds of 1/1 insect tokens are now suddenly dragons.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
INWO was a ridiculously good game that never got the play it deserved. There was just so much treachery, fuckery, and bullshit that absolutely everything in your deck could be used against you. But you could do similar bullshit to the other player.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So mtg is basically gonna have an enchantment that makes every spell have storm.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/thousand-year-storm-2018-09-17

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So how in the crap does that work with counterspells?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

So how in the crap does that work with counterspells?

The same way they did with storm presumably

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Yeah we already have a counterspell with storm:

The answer is "it's really hard to win a counter war if your opponent's counterspells have storm"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Flusterstorm looks so cool in foil.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

blue pre mirrodin are the best foils hands down. I used to have a set of signed Masques foil Counterspells along with a playset of Foil Foils that were the highlight of my control deck around 2001-2002

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Copies created with Storm are considered spells cast as well, right? And for Flusterstorm specifically, if you have all copies target the same spell, and your opponent lets them resolve, they're still considered spells cast even though only the first to resolve has a valid target?

(Storm, and even moreso Dredge, are mechanics that I know are terrifyingly powerful, but they always seemed like too much trouble for me to want to fully understand them. And since I only play casually, I never had to.)

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Rollersnake posted:

Copies created with Storm are considered spells cast as well, right?

No, they just poof into existence on the stack.

PYF-wise, I don't know how to post pictures on mobile (or at all), but if someone could hook this thread up with a picture of Dark Charizard for me I'd really appreciate it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Here you go freindo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Here you go freindo

Is that a child's fan-art?

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Is that a child's fan-art?

No, but this is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Eddie Whitson posted:

No, but this is.

Congrats to Craig for predicting Snorlax getting an exclusive Z-Move in Gen 7 15 years before it happened. :v:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Here you go freindo

That's the stuff, thanks buddy.

Dark Charizard was the centerpiece of my favorite Pokemon deck as a kid, which was built around Dark Charizard and the handful of tutors I had to compensate for the fact that I only had one copy. Probably had some Magmars in there too.

Unlike Base Set Charizard (I thought) he was playable since you were likely to be able to attack again next turn. 50 damage would handle most small things and he could potentially scale up to knock out anything in one hit. And every now and then you'd get to do like 350 damage which, while completely impractical, was SO COOL.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I didn't get the art this one when I first saw it. I love the cards where you look at the art and are underwhelmed by it, then you look at the text, then you look at the art again and you're like oh!

This one looks crazy.

I love the way the lava gets more orderly and directed the further it travels.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Ariong posted:

I didn't get the art this one when I first saw it. I love the cards where you look at the art and are underwhelmed by it, then you look at the text, then you look at the art again and you're like oh!

Hahahha that owns, excellent art. Looks like a short story.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Hahahha that owns, excellent art. Looks like a short story.

I know what the word means and I count 13 utensils, but idgi.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Maha posted:

I know what the word means and I count 13 utensils, but idgi.

Try counting some other things.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
https://twitter.com/dasebeleren/status/1065638073793433601?s=21

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Did someone say Thanksgiving?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Ariong posted:

Fun fact, the block this card comes in also has this card.

You can probably guess the combo.When me and my friends drafted that set my one buddy managed to draft both, and get them in his hand in the first few turns like four games in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Lands that caught my eye while killing time at work.