Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I mean yeah, DE in act 1 is usually a curse, but it's a curse that says "boost win rate by like 150% if you survive act 1", and ironclad is pretty good at surviving act 1 even with an extra curse in the deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Heard in a recent Baalor vid that the pattern on the membership card relic is the same as the merchant's rug. :waycool:

Been playing this game for years and never put that together!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Just had a bonkers Silent build. Double-effect potions, potion belt, guaranteed potion after every fight, 3 x upgraded Alchemist. Just hucking bottles of whatever at everything and guzzling them constantly.

Went into the Heart with three Fairy in a Bottles and wiped it out no prob.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Poison is the least interesting part of Silent's kit and I wish there was a version of Silent that had a different mechanic.

Putting together an insane draw/discard deck where you play 10+ cards a turn is super fun. I had a run last night (sadly unsuccessful) with Storm of Steel, Unload, Calculated Gamble+ and multiple copies of Reflex/Tactician.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

SKULL.GIF posted:

Poison is the least interesting part of Silent's kit and I wish there was a version of Silent that had a different mechanic.

Putting together an insane draw/discard deck where you play 10+ cards a turn is super fun. I had a run last night (sadly unsuccessful) with Storm of Steel, Unload, Calculated Gamble+ and multiple copies of Reflex/Tactician.

I used to be a certified shiv enjoyed but going discard infinite is an even bigger dopamine dispenser.

Poison = big brain

Shivs = humungo brain

Discard = galaxy brain

metachronos fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 3, 2024

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

metachronos posted:

I used to be a certified shiv enjoyed but going discard infinite is an even bigger doapmine dispenser.

Poison = big brain

Shivs = humungo brain

Discard = galaxay brain

Oh yeah there's nothing like using Calculated Gamble+ to discard a Reflex+ and draw another Calculated Gamble+ with a Tingsha or Tough Bandages

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No Calculated Gambles, Reflexes, or Tacticians, yet I was playing 10-15 cards a turn still:

Buncha 0-costs, exhausts, and Concentrates combined with Nunchaku and Unceasing Top.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

I often get the same feeling playing the Hermit with Downfall, very highly recommended. I still want Mega Crit to do one more update to the game and just say "Hermit is so good we just want to add him to the base game, thanks modders!"

edit: for clarity, by "same feeling" i mean it feels like an alternate version of Silent sometimes

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
If you click on the Calling Bell to look at its lore text you can use the card hotkeys to play musical notes like a piano

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

This fuckin' game

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mymla posted:

I mean yeah, DE in act 1 is usually a curse, but it's a curse that says "boost win rate by like 150% if you survive act 1", and ironclad is pretty good at surviving act 1 even with an extra curse in the deck.

Maybe. At high ascensions, I feel like more often than not I find myself bricking a draw in one of my first two turns and losing half my max HP vs Guardian or Slime Boss or Gremlin Knob or Jaw worm & slime or 4 gremlins or

I do agree a mid-run Dark Embrace is a windmill slam without any support

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 4, 2024

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I had a pretty decent defect going last night. Midway through act 2 I hit 3 birds in a ? and they wrecked me so hard. I pumped out of that fight but the next was the gremlin leader and I died after my first turn.

Those loving birds.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

I had a pretty decent defect going last night. Midway through act 2 I hit 3 birds in a ? and they wrecked me so hard. I pumped out of that fight but the next was the gremlin leader and I died after my first turn.

Those loving birds.
rolling into that fight with a turn 1 electrodynamics is some beautiful revenge

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

A few days ago I was playing defect and in a pickle vs the reptomancer. Then Creative AI gave me Electrodynamics and suddenly I had the upper hand.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Random question that has probably been answered, but how is the mobile port? Does it work well on a phone screen, or is it clunky? Would like to get a phone game to scratch the card game itch that isn't micro transaction hell.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I played for 130 hours on my switch and then bought the iOS version a few months ago and I’m coming up on 80 hours.

I’ve never played a game in my phone ever before. It’s perfectly serviceable.

Tau Wedel
Aug 3, 2007

I'm fine. Everything's fine. There is no reason to worry.

jesus WEP posted:

One time when I met the byrds I had Red Mask in the relic bar and got my Caltrops+ on turn 1. I'm pretty sure all three byrds attacked too. That was immensely satisfying.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Roxors posted:

Random question that has probably been answered, but how is the mobile port? Does it work well on a phone screen, or is it clunky? Would like to get a phone game to scratch the card game itch that isn't micro transaction hell.

i’ve probably played more sts on my phone than on my pc at this point. the only issue i have is that afaict there’s no way to see the upgraded version of a card from the card reward screen. otherwise it’s perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Roxors posted:

I have 346 hours on the phone. Its a pretty awesome port