Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papa Was A Video Toaster

Cold Turkey didn't work exactly as advertised. It sent the two minute warning after it has already locked. I already spent the money to get pro mode for Frozen Turkey, so I get locked out of the computer at 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Cold Turkey didn't work exactly as advertised. It sent the two minute warning after it has already locked. I already spent the money to get pro mode for Frozen Turkey, so I get locked out of the computer at 11.

That cold turkey app wouldn't work on me. As soon as it starts locking stuff I would just go looking for a hack or a work around to get back in.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

There's a chink in the armor in that I haven't locked down my phone super hard. The dude also made a phone app, but it doesn't have a scheduler. It still allows access to the notification shade which is a good thing.

I'm also using my phone to do a time study and results are so far disheartening.

BoldFrankensteinMir

What has helped me in the past is to make "sacred areas" in my home where no computational interfaces are allowed. I spent six months sleeping in a "dumb room" every night with my phone out in the hall on a little shelf, and it felt pretty good (and the few ladies I had over did not mind, in fact they appreciated it)

Papa Was A Video Toaster

My productivity was zero again today. I now have a 2 hour Awful app allowance in addition to all the other fun stuff on the phone being turned off during school hours, with a break for lunch.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Hey thank you for talking about this. I知
finally getting help to be assessed soon for possible autism because it痴 screwing up my work. I知 older and am realizing deep down I had a lot of shame about it I知 finally letting go of.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -- Galileo Galilei

Robot Made of Meat

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

finally getting help to be assessed soon for possible autism because it痴 screwing up my work. I知 older and am realizing deep down I had a lot of shame about it I知 finally letting go of.

Glad you're getting checked out, and sorry to hear about the shame. Once you get assessed, you can formulate a plan!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

BoldFrankensteinMir

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Shame issues are really rough, and self-reinforcing. Letting go is very hard, but it can be done (I've heard). Good luck!

Sig by Heather Papps

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Sometimes you're not lazy, you just have an autistic brain.
https://nolongerinabox.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/autistic-inertia/

Farecoal

There he go
which vaccine gave you autism?

Farecoal

There he go
have you tried eating kale??

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Literally got zero vaccines.
Vaccinating yourself to get autism is the new hotness.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

thank you folks, I managed to fill out all my intake paperwork this morning even though I might have to get a referral first (through the insurance that probs won稚 pay for this lol) and may have to wait a month for an appointment

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -- Galileo Galilei

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I'm watching the Please Stand By with my autism Discord. It is fun.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

It has gotten decidedly less fun. T_T

BoldFrankensteinMir

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I'm watching the Please Stand By with my autism Discord. It is fun.

I read this as you watching "Stand By Me" and was like "oh cool, that's one of the dollar babies along with Shawshank, right?"

Dakota Fanning in Oscar-bait, gotcha. I am old.

Sig by Heather Papps

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I read this as you watching "Stand By Me"

I am old.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA

the poverty goat posts regularly in almost all the same threads that I post in or read regularly and I am beginning to suspect it is my spirit guide

• Locked thread