Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Bass player is 13, drummer is 15, singer guitarist is, uhh, a friend, so I'll go with 15. I'm so stupid proud of these kids. All I can think is HELL YEAH MY RETIREMENT IS LOCKED IN.

Royal Blood, Out Of The Black cover. Holy poo poo - THESE KIDS. When I was their age I was all about Spiderman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsiqkrPXso&t=4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Its not to late to start them on Spider-Man.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
hell yeah! im aimin to play my first show this spring and im almost as old as all of em put 2gether lol

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

These threads are neat. Keep posting them please.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Just remember it's better to be into Spider-Man than Batman because childhood Batman fandom implies you wish your parents were dead.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

How did it go?

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Here's the first song from their first show. Holy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfHCYwYyclk

They've been together now for about 5 months, and that's also how long the singer has been learning guitar. I'm not kidding, he's usually a keyboard player. My kids are the drums and bass, (15 and 13 yrs old).

HUGE KUDOS to the headlining band (CHEMX) for getting the crowd amped up, head banging, moshing. Those guys really turned a fun show into an awesome show.

Edit:
They were NOT expecting a crowd like this. They ended up bringing out 40 people - almost double all the other bands. The owner wanted them to come back in two weeks, but they're going to work on new/original tunes and shoot for another show hopefully in March or April. It was almost impossible for me to shut up and get out of the way.

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 29, 2018

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

just make sure you post their album here after you record it, 'cause i'll totally throw down some cash for it

support the arts, friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CaptainViolence posted:

just make sure you post their album here after you record it, 'cause i'll totally throw down some cash for it

support the arts, friends
Thanks!

I told the 13 year old (bass player, who is actually pretty much the ringleader) to get busy writing songs for the band to record in our home studio. He said he had to wait until the rest of the band was there so they could contribute.

What the hell "contribute" my rear end.

• Locked thread