Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I was born in 1983 and all through my childhood I remember eating at a fast food breakfast place called "bagel nosh", I guess similar to einsteins or dunkin donuts or whatever. it was definitely like a standardized chain with all the stores looking the same and the same logo and everything, tons of locations. they had TV commercials and billboards and stuff. when we moved to florida from NY in the early 90's there were also bagel noshes here. then one day it was like they never existed at all and nobody remembers them. I can only find scattered stuff on the internet like this:

I've never met a single other person who actually remembers eating in one but in my mind they were ubiquitous. does anyone else have BAGEL NOSH memories???

i'm not jewish btw,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
No, and Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 80s.

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
I think Sinbad was in one of their commercials, no?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Fascinating when my semen filled anus is being munched on I call it a “bagel nosh”

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

how can this be mandela crap if i'm the only person who remembers this poo poo that's not how it works

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

There is a bagel nosh in Gilbert, AZ.

Not sure if its a part of any chain or just ripping off the concept, think it's just family owned, sometimes a child is working the cashier. But maybe they are all like that?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

there used to be a bagel place near me called Finagle A Bagel. they deservedly went out of business after a few years

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I mean bagel nosh is probably a common name for a bagel place but the ones I'm thinking of were not family run places, they were like corporate chain food places and all used that logo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
DONT mess with the bagel noshtra

eyyyyyy

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The cold war was named after the fact most of its pivotal battles happened in space

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
a popular retailer of Hulk Hogan meat shoes

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

d0s posted:

I was born in 1983 and all through my childhood I remember eating at a fast food breakfast place called "bagel nosh", I guess similar to einsteins or dunkin donuts or whatever. it was definitely like a standardized chain with all the stores looking the same and the same logo and everything, tons of locations. they had TV commercials and billboards and stuff. when we moved to florida from NY in the early 90's there were also bagel noshes here. then one day it was like they never existed at all and nobody remembers them. I can only find scattered stuff on the internet like this:

I've never met a single other person who actually remembers eating in one but in my mind they were ubiquitous. does anyone else have BAGEL NOSH memories???

i'm not jewish btw,

looks like it burned down.

Solved, close thread.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Another victim of the rapid onset of the mandala effect upon our own time-space continuum

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

stop loving gaslighting me I know whats real

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Why do you think this thing that there are pictures of on the Internet only existed in your mind?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

Why do you think this thing that there are pictures of on the Internet only existed in your mind?

I don't I just remember it being pretty widespread but have never met anyone else who has ever seen or eaten at one and wanted to talk about how good their tuna salad was

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I gotta loaf you can nosh on OP

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
It looks as though there are several Bagel Nosh still operating in New Jersey. Please be more reasonable when accusing something of being "Mandela'ed" in the future it really causes a lot of trouble back at the station.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Bagel Nosh was a staple of my childhood (born in '87).

There was a bagel nosh next door to the Toylandia store in the mall, and my mom would let me bounce between those 2 while she went dress shopping at F.T. Barnum's. I'd get the double dose bagel - which was a bagel with half cream cheese and half raspberry jelly. It was amazing.

We went there at least once a month, and if I was really well behaved she'd take me for dinner at Blue Bonnet Burgers.

All of these were real chains but NOBODY BELIEVES ME EITHER. The man who lives in my fridge says I'm "delusional" but gently caress that guy.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Isaac posted:

The cold war was named after the fact most of its pivotal battles happened in space

There is no temperature in space.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Berenstein or Berenstain, OP?

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
The dude writing this article mentions Bagel Nosh as a chain a few times, so I don't think you're insane sir. It may just have been a regional chain though. A Krystal or White Castle rather than McDonalds sort of thing.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Everyone knows it's the Mengele Effect, duh.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Cnut the Great posted:

No, and Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
White Castle? Never heard of it.

• Locked thread