Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
Who wants a throne made of ugly swords anyway?

Opening recruitment for a new pbf of Game of Thrones, as we did a few times before. Expect me to screw up combat calculations a few times, and forget to remove orders from the map, but I'm told people had fun.

This time around we will be using the Dance with Dragons expansion. It comes with a crazy start situation:

and even crazier House Cards. Because of the advanced start, the game also only lasts a maximum of six turns.

Check out the first thread for my rather poor summary of the rules, if you think you might find it useful. Quick links:
Rulebook
Comprehensive summary and reference
FAQ
List of Wildling cards
Contents of Westeros decks

Opening recruitment for now, it will last at least two days, possibly a few more, depending on how much interest there is. This game cannot work with less than 6 players. Pththya-lyi is guaranteed a slot, as reigning champion, and people who weren't in the last game will be given priority.

The Hall of Champions:
Mikey Purp of House Tyrell - thread
GutterOwl of House Greyjoy - thread
Pththya-lyi of House Stark - thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I'm in as a seat filler.

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.
Sign me up. I watched the whole of the last game and thought it was glorious.

Never done this Dance of Dragons version before, but I'll try my hand at driving an ancient noble lineage to complete ruin over the course of six turns.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So, I keep forgetting that there's a subforum for actually playing the games that is different from TG itself. I'm going to close this thread and re-make it.

Link:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3848153

• Locked thread