Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3dVAuFUiH8

This pretty sandbox crafting RPG was kickstarted in October 2017 reaching 146k out of 100k goal and is currently on Steam Early Access.

Kickstarter
Steam
Wiki

What is this game?

This is a sandbox RPG centered around a post apocalyptic town. You move to the town and take over your Pa's abandoned workshop. Your time is spent gathering resources, completing work orders and quests for the townspeople.
You build relationships with people through completing quests, giving gifts, and dueling people. There is a little bit of a faction split story wise in the game between the Church who condemns advanced technology that brought about the Apocalypse and researchers who are trying to improve the world through salvaging ancient technology, which possibly affects how you acquire advanced crafting recipes.

Resources are gathered through mining, defeating enemies, kicking trees, fishing, and you put all the things you gather to work for you making crafting stations that let you create more and more advanced items. Completing work orders from the town's crafting guild drives most story events in the game and there is a lot to explore.

Is this just Stardew Valley 3d?

Yes and no. It captures a very similar vibe to what Stardew Valley accomplished. The overall grand theme is pretty similar to Stardew Valley, but it definitely turns it out in it's own style. Similar to Stardew Valley you have a daily energy allowance, but in my experience at least you get over the initial energy (stamina) starvation period of the game pretty quickly and I feel pretty satisfied with each day period vs Stardew Valleys.. sprinting home in the last hour before my character passes out feeling like I didn't get nearly enough accomplished before bedtime. The combat is much better than Stardew's and feels pretty responsive, and after a little bit of mouse sensitivity tweaking the camera controls are pretty decent. The mining aspect is voxely like Everquest Landmark, so you actually dig into the earth and create tunnels while you are searching for ore and lost relics.

I'm 14 hours into the Early Access game, and there wasn't a goon thread so I decided to start one. The only goon commentary I could find was in the Stardew Valley thread when the game was originally being kickstarted and seemed pretty negative. The developers for this game Pathea have previously put out Planet Explorers so there is at least some proof of concept of game experience and mechanics. I've certainly enjoyed what I've played so far and I definitely think it shows a lot of promise. In the past three days (2/2/2018) there have been ~three patches addressing bug fixes and additional content. This game is actively being developed and it feels good man.
Edit: [Just finished to the end of the Early Access storyline, at about 28 hours. I've def enjoyed my time playing, and I could sink many more hours into it if I went on a character faction binge like I'm sure some people would prefer to do. Pretty solid so far, looking forward to what they will continue to add before release.]

The dungeons so far as I've deciphered have two different categories. There are empty mining dungeons where your goal is to just go around and mine and collect buried relics and ore, and the other combat oriented style dungeons with enemies and bosses where the focus is killing enemies and collecting enemy only drops to fit into your contraptions. The mining dungeons persist unless you pay a fee to move the location so that your mining tunnels remain which is a pretty nifty feature. Items such as the "silicon chip" you cannot build yourself so you delve into the combat dungeon and beat bad guys until you manage to salvage one to stick into whatever needs it.

Other things such as the village relationship aspects I have not explored, so other than it being a feature I cannot give input on other than to look through youtube playthroughs, the wiki, or community pages if that's a feature you are after.

Crafting Recipe Book:

Sample Workshop Layout:

Dev Links:
Dev Log
Discord
Facebook
Twitter

Krazuel fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread