Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Here's something I just put together. I'm working on Foot Patrol's newest CD, this being one of the songs.

TJ Wade is who's singing, he's the main man in Foot Patrol.

For this CD, we're recording everything at my place. TJ lays down MIDI tracks and vocals into Ableton, where I can then clean it up and mix it down. He's sight-impaired so I'm able to facilitate a lot of his creativity by taking care of the technical aspects of running all the software and recording stuff.

I had some footage recorded from when we put down lyrics for this song so I edited it into a video to go with the mixed song. I might still add horn parts and maybe guitar if I can get our guitarist over here.

Usually Foot Patrol is an 8-9 piece group (depending on what horns show up to gigs) and all, but for this CD we're doing a scaled down version. We'll probably pick from the songs which ones we start to perform live.

This song 'Rebels of Funk' is something TJ had come up with years ago but never recorded, so here it is.
All instruments were performed by TJ as MIDI, which I assigned instrument patches to and attempted to mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luOHdYqdTQA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread