Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/boris-johnson-to-raise-rohingya-plight-with-aung-san-suu-kyi-on-burma-visit-11364249458028

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the literal last person i ever expected to do this

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

BORIS

*click*

AAAAAAAAAAAAh
Feb 19, 2018

by zen death robot
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaHAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
DUM BUDM BUDMB BUMDF

THIS IS OUR FIGHT SONG

gently caress LIBERAL S fUCKIGN DEFEDNDIGN THE FUckgin DEE ENN CEEEEEEEE gently caress FUKC gently caress FUCKK

THIS HAPPENS IT WAS REAL IT HAPPEND

YOU CAN"T FUCKIGN IGNORE IT

gently caress YOU
gently caress YOU MODS
gently caress YOUJ ESPECIALLY ANYOENE WHO WANTS TO PRETEND IT DIDNT" HAPPEN

gently caress you

TRUMP is the loving TRUTH gently caress you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YttscNOoAjA[video

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
remember when he started reciting a kipling poem about colonialism at a shrine in myanmar lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jose posted:

remember when he started reciting a kipling poem about colonialism at a shrine in myanmar lol

I don't and would like to know more

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

I don't and would like to know more
The also-present UK's ambassador had to shut Bojo up at the Shwedagon Pagoda before he got to the line "They made a bloomin idol out of mud / Wot they called the Great Gawd Budd'.

Although honestly I'm sure they just heard him start a poem under his breath and presumed it was going to be extremely racist + stupid.

jBrereton has issued a correction as of 10:33 on Feb 19, 2018

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/30/boris-johnson-caught-on-camera-reciting-kipling-in-myanmar-temple

christ

quote:

The previously unbroadcast footage shows the diplomat managing to halt Johnson before he could get to the line about a “Bloomin’ idol made o’ mud/ Wot they called the Great Gawd Budd” – a reference to the Buddha.

The gaffe came on the first visit to Myanmar by a British foreign secretary in five years. He had taken part in a ritual involving pouring water over a golden statue of what he described as “a very big guinea pig”, when he approached a 42-tonne bell, rang it with a wooden stick and spontaneously started reciting Kipling’s poem.

A visibly tense ambassador stood by as Johnson continued: “The wind is in the palm trees and the temple bells they say ...” Then Patrick reminded him: “You’re on mic,” adding: “Probably not a good idea...”

“What?” Johnson replied. “The Road to Mandalay?”

“No,” said the ambassador sternly. “Not appropriate.”

“No?” replied Johnson looking down at his mobile phone. “Good stuff.”

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
He's going to gently caress up so hard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

when you're well educated enough to recite kipling from memory but too stupid to understand why its inappropriate

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

boris is the most british man alive

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
"Well done, old beast!"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
boris to demand myanmar change name back to burma

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Britain never got over losing the empire, did it?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
*extremely britishly* BORIS!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Shark Sandwich posted:

you know the answer to this question already

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Shark Sandwich posted:

we're tryingt o get corbyn into power

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so did Aung San Suu Kyi (/aʊŋˌsæn.suːˈtʃiː have to give her nobel price back after she did all this genocide?

jk lol

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Shark Sandwich posted:

the only people voting tory were alive when britain and france still controlled suez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

paul_soccer10 posted:

so did Aung San Suu Kyi (/aʊŋˌsæn.suːˈtʃiː have to give her nobel price back after she did all this genocide?

jk lol

I don't see why. All those genocided people now know eternal peace

• Locked thread