Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

gangly dumb weirdos are always packing mad heat ime

There's hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Jose Oquendo posted:

Actually Disney is fun if you're not a miserable human being with a huge stick up your rear end.

also day drinking at the world showcase

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Give Star Wars/Marvel some time. They just got them. Universal Studios park has a death grip on the Marvel rides.

Aside from the Hulk coaster, the other Marvel rides there are OK.

The new Avatar rides at Disney are absolutely top notch and best in their class. I can't wait to see what they have cooking for Star Wars Land.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

I wonder what percentage of these people are ex-military, all dudes in theor 30s with the real-world maturity of a teenager who are incapable of functioning without a strict unquestioning heirarchy with matching uniforms.

My experience is ex-military types want exactly the opposite of all that.

It's the wannabes that never joined that seem to have those weird rear end behaviors.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I used to work for a publishing house that was owned by the Disney/ABC machine so i had to go through the day of disney brainwashing that all employees in the empire do. the job itself was ok but some of the higher ups (who came in from other Disney corporate branches rather than from the publishing industry) were definitely into the cultlike aspect of the company, and every time I watch any Disney/ABC/Marvel property now I pick up the same vibe as I got from all their brainwashing and policy videos I had to watch. but I still watch them

the entire company is on an internal facebook-clone type website so you see posts from people working in the parks and cruiseships and whatnot, some of them are normal but some of them are really into the company culture in a way you dont see in normal companies. never heard about these fake biker gangs though

spacetoaster posted:

My experience is ex-military types want exactly the opposite of all that.

It's the wannabes that never joined that seem to have those weird rear end behaviors.

yeah most ex-military people ive met are super polite almost all the time

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 7, 2018

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Earwicker posted:

I used to work for a publishing house that was owned by the Disney/ABC machine so i had to go through the day of disney brainwashing that all employees in the empire do. the job itself was ok but some of the higher ups (who came in from other Disney corporate branches rather than from the publishing industry) were definitely into the cultlike aspect of the company, and every time I watch any Disney/ABC/Marvel property now I pick up the same vibe as I got from all their brainwashing and policy videos I had to watch. but I still watch them

the entire company is on an internal facebook-clone type website so you see posts from people working in the parks and cruiseships and whatnot, some of them are normal but some of them are really into the company culture in a way you dont see in normal companies. never heard about these fake biker gangs though

I took my family to Disney a few years ago and we stayed a week at one of the resorts. I remember when I was getting everything planned out with a man (disney employee) on the phone he was telling me that his wife also works at disney. I didn't think much about it, but when we got there I got kinda lost driving around and we ended up driving by what appeared to be a literal disney school. Like an actual school for the kids of disney employees. There's also employee housing there too.

And holy cow they love Walt. It was strange, but people can do what they want I guess.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

I took my family to Disney a few years ago and we stayed a week at one of the resorts. I remember when I was getting everything planned out with a man (disney employee) on the phone he was telling me that his wife also works at disney. I didn't think much about it, but when we got there I got kinda lost driving around and we ended up driving by what appeared to be a literal disney school. Like an actual school for the kids of disney employees. There's also employee housing there too.

And holy cow they love Walt. It was strange, but people can do what they want I guess.

there are Disney schools all over the world. not just for their employees. in one of the propaganda videos they showed me they briefly mentioned that they have seven schools in China that "can teach English to Chinese people more efficiently than any other method in existence" what else they are teaching they didnt say

Lake Buena Vista/Bay Lake FL is pretty much a Disney run town in the same way that Clearwater FL is a Scientology run town (and that place is way creepier than anything Disney has going). good setting for some post apocalyptic cult wars imo

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 7, 2018

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Imagine getting stomped out/patched in to the tune of,"who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me..."

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Lmao at anyone who defends Disney as nostalgic or “part of their childhood.” Your childhood was gay as hell, just like everyone else’s. Don’t memorialize it in a fake corporate facade. Drink to forget about it, and then drive your car into a telephone pole.

The Bells of Notre Dame is a legit good song though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Earwicker posted:

the entire company is on an internal facebook-clone type website so you see posts from people working in the parks and cruiseships and whatnot, some of them are normal but some of them are really into the company culture in a way you dont see in normal companies.

Please tell me you still have access.

• Locked thread