Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

That was a bullshit interference call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
:razorback: Wooooooo loving pigg sooie my dudes

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

im on the net me boys posted:

:razorback: Wooooooo loving pigg sooie my dudes

:yeah:

Too bad we don't know how to swing a bat anymore :smith:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

chaoslord posted:

:yeah:

Too bad we don't know how to swing a bat anymore :smith:

Heartbreak Hogs is a well deserved nickname

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Heartbreak Hogs is a well deserved nickname

Might be the game (and the series) right there with how piss poor our bats have been

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

chaoslord posted:

Might be the game (and the series) right there with how piss poor our bats have been

indulging my superstitions and getting out the razorback blanket

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

indulging my superstitions and getting out the razorback blanket

Apparently this was a very good decision

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

chaoslord posted:

Apparently this was a very good decision

it's really funny because I'm the least superstitious person until sports come on

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

it's really funny because I'm the least superstitious person until sports come on

I'm convinced your blanket is made of magic after we just got out of that inning

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

gently caress

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:laffo:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Reggie Fish all over again, can't ever have anything nice

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

ultra gently caress

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm not watching game 3.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Oh lord it's hard to not grumble, when you're an Arkansas Razorbacks fan

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
:wth: this series

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

see y'all tomorrow then

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Being a Razorback fan is like getting kicked in the nuts over and over again for eternity.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Being a Razorback fan is like getting kicked in the nuts over and over again for eternity.

I always think one day something will actually work out.

But it’s death, taxes, and the Razorbacks breaking my heart in new and worse ways.

Think this is the worst one yet.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

chaoslord posted:

I always think one day something will actually work out.

But it’s death, taxes, and the Razorbacks breaking my heart in new and worse ways.

Think this is the worst one yet.

We're literally Charlie Brown.

Being in Dallas, it felt really similar to Rangers/Cardinals from 2011.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

FakePoet posted:

Being in Dallas, it felt really similar to Rangers/Cardinals from 2011.

And now a team that happily plays a child molester is going to win the CWS because we couldn't catch a pop-up.

There is no God.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Jazzimus Prime posted:

And now a team that happily plays a child molester is going to win the CWS because we couldn't catch a pop-up.

There is no God.

Yeah, that sounds like this particular universe.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Stepped into sams club in time to see us blow a bases loaded opportunity for the billionth time

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Jazzimus Prime posted:

There is no God.

I went to one of Heimlich's starts cause my folks got tickets and it was unreal. Couldn't tell who in the audience was in denial and who just didn't care.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Oh God they're warming up Heimlich please Pat don't do this.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

God drat it

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

elentar posted:

Glad as always that UNC is out, funny that it’s OSU that did it again, and I guess at least they did it in spite of Heimlich? Anyway pretty difficult not to go all in for Arkansas, so expect another Beaver title.

Sorry Arky :smith:

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Boo for the sex offender but yay for everyone else on the team!

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

FakePoet posted:

I'm going to photoshop "Arkansas Razorbacks" into this someday

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It’s so inspiring that Clint Stoerner—after all these years—came back to play 2B for Arky this year. Heartwarming.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

It’s so inspiring that Clint Stoerner—after all these years—came back to play 2B for Arky this year. Heartwarming.

Lol

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Boo for the sex offender but yay for everyone else on the team!

The title is tainted. As stressful as it was, i'm glad he pitched poorly in the CWS. The headlines would have been terrible if he performed well. I think the program is deep enough that someone could have stepped up and pitched in his place this season. It's amazing that the team was able to keep focus. Him ditching the CWS last year hosed that team up too. We might be talking about a repeat if that didn't happen.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So you're mad both that he pitched this year, and that he didn't pitch last year?

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

I'm mad that he pitched for us at all ever. He knew the Oregonian article was coming mid last season, should have quit then when he knew the ruse was up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

bathhouse posted:

The title is tainted. As stressful as it was, i'm glad he pitched poorly in the CWS. The headlines would have been terrible if he performed well. I think the program is deep enough that someone could have stepped up and pitched in his place this season. It's amazing that the team was able to keep focus. Him ditching the CWS last year hosed that team up too. We might be talking about a repeat if that didn't happen.

Heimlich pitching like poo poo and the team still winning was my ideal scenario. But I went to the celebration at Goss, and everyone still chanting LUUUUUKE, and the coaches and staff talking endlessly about “character,” still raises bile in my throat.

Glad the piece of poo poo won’t be with the team next year, and I can feel better about watching Rutschman and Abel tear up the conference, but they way they circled the wagons on a sex offender is an eternal black stain.

• Locked thread