Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
More like woke n die op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
I really like the idea of black people barking like dogs at white people, I hope that becomes a thing.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Fat Jesus posted:

#1 movie of all time, suck it whitey

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-abGTw2sSk

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

am0kgonzo posted:

I really like the idea of black people barking like dogs at white people, I hope that becomes a thing.

Same

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's not even close to being the best movie of all time. It's a superhero action flick with good casting and some middlebrow political commentary. It's pretty socially conscious, more than movies normally are. That's about it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

But there's barking at white people...

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

COMRADES posted:

an AI benevolent dictatorship is the best form of gov't.

Unatco?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 21, 2018

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Statutory Ape posted:

according to galactic civilizations II democracies are more advanced tho

Heh

You keep on believing what a video game tells you, child 🙄

*continues arguing about Wakanda’s politics in a very serious manner*

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Android Blues posted:

It's not even close to being the best movie of all time. It's a superhero action flick with good casting and some middlebrow political commentary. It's pretty socially conscious, more than movies normally are. That's about it.

Jesus man, are you trying to get us all killed? Let me fix that for you

Android Blues posted:

It's the best movie of all time. It's a world-changing superhero action film with boundary-destroying casting and earth-shattering political commentary. It's incredibly socially conscious, more than any movie has ever been in the history of movies. That's about 10% of what I could say about this movie but I'm going to stop myself before I hyperventilate.

Phew, that was close.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

vyst posted:

But there's barking at white people...

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/we-need-to-start-barking-at-white-people-who-speak-out-1823131315

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
That Rotten Tomatoes ranking is misleading because it just counts the percentage of reviews by film critics that were positive. A "positive" review can be anything from "OMG THIS MOVIE IS THE BEST EVER" to "there were flaws that detracted from the quality of the film but eh, it's all right." Also, critics don't judge all movies the same way - a big splashy action movie is compared to other big splashy action movies, not the classics of cinema in every genre. When a film critic says "Black Panther is a good movie," they're not saying "it's better than Citizen Kane" unless they happen to be a very stupid and bad critic.

E: FWIW, I'm not saying that at least part of the positive reviews aren't by stupid or bad critics

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 21, 2018

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

better than kings. Gods.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I don't know how I would respond if a black person or any person at all started barking at me. Stare at them incredulously? hit them with a rolled up newspaper? It will be weird to see how this all plays out

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I'd be loving delighted!!!!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I would immediately check my privilege and see the error of my ways and return to society an enlightened person. thanks in advance crazy barking black man.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pththya-lyi posted:

XPosting from the D&D Political Cartoons thread:
:allears: I was hoping Kelly would do it and he loving did it. Now we have an amazing shorthand to shove in the face of anyone who whines about too much "politically correct movies."

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

mind the walrus posted:

:allears: I was hoping Kelly would do it and he loving did it. Now we have an amazing shorthand to shove in the face of anyone who whines about too much "politically correct movies."

I don't think people who complain about political correctness understand that Kelly is a satire. If you posted that cartoon to their Facebook rant they'd probably think you were agreeing with them

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's what makes it extra-juicy.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I didn't realise it was satire. Considering the stuff Garisson does, why should I assume that. Also every other right-wing cartoonist.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
It helps that Stan Kelly is the staff cartoonist for the Onion. Also he is a persona of left-wing cartoonist Ward Sutton. Also, unlike most right-wingers, Kelly is pro-abortion:

This New Yorker piece explains pretty much everything you need to know. Sorry/not sorry about the derail, I just really like Kelly

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

A dog barked at me today and for a second I was excited because I thought that black people now lived in my boring whitewashed neighborhood, but was disappointed to find that there were no black people.

If only I had given Disney more money they could finally end racism forever and I can be barked at by people of all colors all the time and it would be wonderful.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

mike12345 posted:

I didn't realise it was satire. Considering the stuff Garisson does, why should I assume that. Also every other right-wing cartoonist.

Because it's in the onion

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
The Flintstones shaped my political-religious belief system. It was so iconic and masterful when you realize that Fred Flinstone was representative of the proletariat in its class struggle. A lot of people say it was merely a fictional cartoon for babbies but I see it as so much more.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Neutrino posted:

The Flintstones shaped my political-religious belief system. It was so iconic and masterful when you realize that Fred Flinstone was representative of the proletariat in its class struggle. A lot of people say it was merely a fictional cartoon for babbies but I see it as so much more.
I hope you were joking because they loving did this for real:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
WHy is Fred some sort of muscleman and not a working joe with a pot belly this is bullshit

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So did anyone drop the n-bomb in this poo poo or what? And was it in the good or the bad way? :thunk:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pretty sure Flintstones exist in the same reality with the Jetsons. The educated elite are in the skies, the washed out proletariat are breaking rocks on the ground.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Pretty sure Flintstones exist in the same reality with the Jetsons. The educated elite are in the skies, the washed out proletariat are breaking rocks on the ground.

At the same time? 🤯

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

So did anyone drop the n-bomb in this poo poo or what? And was it in the good or the bad way? :thunk:

:shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2_A89qTgwM&t=60s

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Finally saw it. Give it five out of five golden manbabies

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kuato posted:

Ok but enough about your mom's vagina did you see the film

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Kuato posted:

*Flies down from the skies screaming*
KUATOOOOO DIEEEEEEEEEEEE
*Stabs Kuato in the loving dumb face with a sharp knife*

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

*Flies down from the skies screaming*
KUATOOOOO DIEEEEEEEEEEEE
*Stabs Kuato in the loving dumb face with a sharp knife*

*steps out of the shadows*

“Well looks like I need a new body double. Looks like he (body double) will never be the head of a major corporation.”

*Drives car back to mom and dads house*

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i just saw this movie, and i think it was pretty decent. it left me really puzzled though. the existence of Wakanda has a lot of weird historical implications. so they are more advanced than everyone right, but for how long? what did Wakanda look like in the 17th century, were they flying around in hover ships or was it more like Victorian steampunk with vibranium? when did Wakanda discover the microscope and germ theory, or the printing press, or industrial production.

the movie was some good action, but they really failed to explore Wakanda enough. you didn't even get to see an average Wakandian apartment or anything.

• Locked thread