Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

I mean what's the deal with Angela? At the end of the first movie it's like, he's just a messed up boy because of his aunt but then in the sequels and Return to Sleepaway Camp she's a full-on post-op transsexual who's just a woman now.

I never saw the sequels because I was too traumatized by that hosed up face and the ween in the moonlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

King Vidiot posted:

For someone who looks nothing like Glenn Howerton, Thom Matthews is looking a lot like Dennis Reynolds there.

He does turn up to the grave yard with a lot of "tools".

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ElGroucho posted:

I never saw the sequels because I was too traumatized by that hosed up face and the ween in the moonlight

Fun Fact: Although that last shot looks like some kinda in-camera composite trick, it's actually just some dude literally wearing a mask of the actress' face frozen in that position. That's why it looks so uncanny and weird.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

Moonlight Dong is going to be my new character name in every video game.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Guess what day it is :murder:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You can't keep a Jason (thread) down.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Friday the 13th FREAKING RULES

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
im gonna watch part 5 today

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Looks like I'm watching Part 6 when I get home.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
got all of them up to X on the ol plex server, might have to start with X though. EVIL GETS AN UPGRADE

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Gonna watch the best one, part 7.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Watching Jason lives atm!!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

hemale in pain posted:

Watching Jason lives atm!!

rear end to mouth? What?!

And gotta reiterate that it’s a badass coat Tommy Jarvis is wearing. I’m going to buy myself one as a result of this here thread.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Watching part 2 with the lady right now. She really did not like the very beginning and said Jason is “mean” so I think this isn’t going to go well once we get to the staircase part.

client
Aug 19, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

Watching part 2 with the lady right now. She really did not like the very beginning and said Jason is “mean” so I think this isn’t going to go well once we get to the staircase part.

part 2 is cool because it shows that the key to surviving jason is just leaving the camp and getting blackout drunk with townies

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Are the Hatchet movies any good? Kane Hodder plays the bad dude in those.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
5, 8, 9 are my favorites. 8 might be the best one imo

client
Aug 19, 2010

Kak posted:

imo they have very good effects but garbage pacing and a lot of lovely forced humor. kane hodder plays a good monsterman though as usual

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

client posted:

part 2 is cool because it shows that the key to surviving jason is just leaving the camp and getting blackout drunk with townies

this is the key to all of life’s problems tho

Kak posted:

eh. the second one has lots of tony todd but still feels pretty lifeless. kane hodder is a juggalo meathead.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kuato posted:

5, 8, 9 are my favorites. 8 might be the best one imo

Guy with the camera should have just dated awesome guitar chick. That poor video nerd...

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I can't even find a :filez: way to watch Jason X :( besides the reboot it's the only one I haven't seen yet. I love schlock sci-fi bullshit and I love how off the rails F13 got as a series so it sounds amazing.

Also Uber Jason loving owns as a concept

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

WatermelonGun posted:

this is the key to all of life’s problems tho

eh. the second one has lots of tony todd but still feels pretty lifeless. kane hodder is a juggalo meathead.

He seems like a cool dude in the interviews I've watched.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Kane Hodder is a cool dude, but he gets all this credit for being "THE" Jason when he was in the objectively worst movies in the series. Every movie after 6 is a giant piece of poo poo, including X.

I guess he was the guy who was The Most Jason simply for being the guy who appeared in more than a single movie.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

King Vidiot posted:

Every movie after 6 is a giant piece of poo poo, including X.

:chloe:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Jason X sucks, let's all just come out and admit it. It's entertaining but... it's not a good movie. It's just not.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Kane Hodder is a cool dude, but he gets all this credit for being "THE" Jason when he was in the objectively worst movies in the series. Every movie after 6 is a giant piece of poo poo, including X.

I guess he was the guy who was The Most Jason simply for being the guy who appeared in more than a single movie.

Noooo noooooo no!!!!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I mean, Jason gets frozen and then is in space 200 years in the future?! Cryo face smash?! Turns into a superpowered Jason with nanomachines?! I'm sorry, it's just too ridiculous for me.

*continues to love the movie where Jason's rotting corpse comes back to life after being stabbed with an electrified fence post*

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I think the only one I actively dislike is 9 for the director trying to retcon Jason into being a deadite, because that's cheap and lame. Plus the body snatcher thing sucked rear end and I'm glad X and FvJ pretended it didn't happen. The first 12 minutes own though and Jason's design for the combined four minutes or so whipped rear end.

I honestly really liked 5 for being the only movie where I genuinely felt bad about the machete-fodder characters dying. Reggie's brother and grandpa didn't deserve that :( Tommy sucked in it though

#roysboys

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

Even though the movies are crap, Hodder's physical performance really is better than all the others.

King Vidiot posted:

Jason X sucks, let's all just come out and admit it. It's entertaining but... it's not a good movie. It's just not.
I don't know who is saying it's a good movie; it's just gotten reappraisal as way more entertaining than it had any right to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

There's some good rear end music in the F13 movies.

• Locked thread