Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm glad they're doing runs I wouldn't get to see at GDQ but I'm beginning to understand why these aren't run at GDQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

So this guy has been stuck on a GTA4 pool minigame for about 20-30 minutes now.

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

Dork457 posted:

So this guy has been stuck on a GTA4 pool minigame for about 20-30 minutes now.

if he doesnt get it after this he's gunna have to mercy kill pool
oh my god lmao

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

grand theft grotto posted:

I agree. I've never been opposed to a speedrun marathon having longer games but if that isn't the theme (like RPG Limit Break) then really they need to be spaced out, and there shouldn't be too many of them. Makes me appreciate how AGDQ's schedule works well even if it does not always suit my particular needs (of course it doesn't).

Last night, they had an interview with one of the organizers of the event (because they were running way ahead of schedule and needed something, anything to fill out some time) and he said that until two years ago, their guiding philosophy for scheduling was to accept every run that was submitted and shove the excess off onto side-streams, and the only reason they stopped doing that is because they started getting too many submissions. So yeah they don't seem to have particularly high standards for watchability.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 22, 2018

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

AttackTheMoon posted:

if he doesnt get it after this he's gunna have to mercy kill pool
oh my god lmao

Did he get it?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Here marks the end of GTA block.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

we did it fam

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

Dork457 posted:

we did it fam

Well Dracula I made it, despite your directions

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Well I'm from Brașov and I’ve never heard anyone use the phrase steamed hams.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Jeez, this week hasn't given me any time to watch ESA at all... What runs have been awesome so far?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Xenothral posted:

Jeez, this week hasn't given me any time to watch ESA at all... What runs have been awesome so far?

I'm only about halfway through it but the Bully run has been pretty good (to be fair it's one of my favorite games, so I'm biased) and the co-commentator has a lot of interesting info regarding the game's history & development.

e: tune in around the 2hr5min mark for surprise fire alarm :lol:

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 22, 2018

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Xenothral posted:

Inspector Gadget and Zineth come to mind, mostly because of the games, not so much because of the commentators though.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I haven't really seem much of the event either, but the Zineth run has okay commentary, it's a very interesting game visually, and it's only like five minutes long. Worth checking out for the novelty factor.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I can't tell if these guys are trying too hard or if they're really that out of it. I guess 4AM tends to do that you.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ramos posted:

I can't tell if these guys are trying too hard or if they're really that out of it. I guess 4AM tends to do that you.

What did I miss?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

grand theft grotto posted:

What did I miss?

Just some joke cracking about things being more fun than GDQ. The whole thing just has a lot of people commenting how the event is better than GDQ, similar to how GDQ has a lot of comments about showing what good videogames can do.

Just that over compensating thing.

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

ok this paper mario run is pretty entertaining.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Oh boy, we get to see MLP Megaman now. I’m shouldn’t be surprised something like this exists considering it’s MLP, but still. Who thought this was something that needed to be done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

• Locked thread