Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
I've been using VSCO mobile as my go-to photo editing app for a few years now. I love their filters and have figured out how to fight through their terrible terrible UI to do the one thing I want to do with it.

Often times when I'm traveling my workflow is...
*shoot in raw + jpg w/ fuji x-t2 or x100t
*connect camera to phone via wifi and transfer full-res jpegs of images I want to share before I get back to my computer (i'm impatient)
*fire up VSCO and find the images I just transferred, import them.
*edit in VSCO, apply a filter at low level (say 3-7 out of 12), adjust exposure, add a little sharpness for sharing to instagram or sending to a friend
*export full-res from VSCO
*post/send elsewhere.

The main issue is that VSCO is kind of a pain in the dick to use even though it offers great results.

Please tell me that in 2018 there are some good viable alternatives to VSCO for filters and basic edits? The main thing I haven't been able to find an equivalent for in the past is just VSCO's film emulation qualities.

and if it matters I'm an Android user (pixel2 camera ownz)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
I've used Snapseed a bunch. Its a lot like using a desktop RAW editor.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Another vote for Snapseed here. They've changed the UI recently and I don't like the new one as much as I liked the last version, but it's still very usable. Also handles RAW files and gives you local as well as global adjustments (via brushes and circular gradient filters).

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

You just need to learn to live that SOOC-er life

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I've tried a lot of apps, but in the end I usually go back to Snapseed as well.

• Locked thread