Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

I work at a retirement community and a bunch of the residents want us to try this stuff out. I read up on the websites, but I was wondering if anyone has worked with this stuff before. I had a sample in a grocery store and was amused by the novelty, but not blown away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Not a huge fan of beyond meats. They tasted okay but still definitely a veg patty.

On the other hand, if you can source the impossible foods not-meat, I was super pleased with it. It crisps up great and is delicious enough I'd be fine cooking them up instead of beef most of the time.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

I tried the impossible burger too. I liked it fine. It tasted like a real burger patty if you cooked it to well done or maybe like McRonald's patties. Definitely was not close to mimicking juicy rareness.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Beyond burgers are actually pretty delicious, but they smell like cat food when they're raw.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I've had I think the Beyond Burger and thought it tasted like a Morningstar Griller. I don't see the need other than novelty for these super close to the real thing fake burgers but I haven't tried the Impossible burger and I've heard its better. Field roast has a refrigerated vegan patty that I keep meaning to try since I like their sausages a lot.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

I really like the Beyond Burger, its a big step up from the dry planks I was used to. I've been vegetarian for several years now and I just want a dang burg sometimes. I'd love to know how to get a hold of the Impossible Burger, since I also hear its a lot better. Seconding the cat food smell on the Beyond Burg though.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

BillyJoeBob posted:

I really like the Beyond Burger, its a big step up from the dry planks I was used to. I've been vegetarian for several years now and I just want a dang burg sometimes. I'd love to know how to get a hold of the Impossible Burger, since I also hear its a lot better. Seconding the cat food smell on the Beyond Burg though.

Impossible isn't available to the public yet.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

BillyJoeBob posted:

Impossible Foods website has a search to find restaurants near you that serve it. If you're in a larger city there's probably someone serving.

Graze in Madison has it, and it's dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Fatburger has started carrying Impossible burgers

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 25, 2018

• Locked thread