Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
In the long distant past, there were two small kingdoms: Romancia and Azorba, within a great forest. The kings of both lands were brothers, and their peaceful and quiet days continued. However, one day, the Princess of Romancia, Princess Selina, mysteriously vanished. Following that, a plague spread, monsters began terrorizing the lands, and strange happenings occured in Azorba.

In those days, there was a young man who came to Romancia by chance during his travels... Fan Freddie, the 8th prince of the eastward kingdom, Ilsland. - Japanese Wikipedia

What's Dragon Slayer Jr.?
The third game in Falcom's Dragon Slayer series, this game was developed for the PC88 in around a month, but we're playing the Famicom port developed by Compile because it overall has more content and, frankly, is much more bearable to play. I'll show off some of the MSX2 version as a bonus at the end, though--it's identical to the PC98 version, but it has some extra stuff and its own english patch that adds support for saving.

Why is this game important?
It's... not, really. Romancia is basically if you took a Sierra adventure game, and made it into a bite-sized side scroller with floaty movement and combat. I'd like to show it off, though, because it did serve as inspiration for some of Falcom's later, much better titles: The part of Ys 2 where you have to explore Solomon Shrine as a Roo was possibly influenced by a part later in this game you'll probably see in part two or three (I don't plan for this to be a very long LP--the game is around 45 minutes long), and the gameplay was evolved into the longer-lived Sorcerian series, which even features an homage to this game in the form of a "Romancia" scenario that recreates the world of Dragon Slayer Jr. Plus, it's just really hard to find english resources for old Falcom games like this, there is a StrategyWiki entry for the Famicom version of this game that we're gonna be looking at, but otherwise most of what you can find online is untranslated.

Index:
Part One: Swords, Medicine & Souls
Part Two: Padding, Heaven & Pigs
Part Three: Dead Ends, Robbery & A Dragon

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Part One: Swords, Medicine & Souls

Finally... after many hours of travel, almost a day and a night, we, Prince Fan Freddy, have reached the kingdom of Romancia. Or so we thought, but we've still a forest to go! What tragedy! Who can help a weary hero on his way?!

Of course, in peril, there's only one thing that can help us. Two old men sitting in a shack, holding 19 hearts, the one on the right handing us 15 swords to defend ourselves with. I'd ask why he carries 15 swords with him, but maybe that would be impolite.

So, of course, within the first 10 seconds of our adventure, we're already assaulted with weird hopping bugs and giant blue... things? They wouldn't be so much trouble, but we need to kill a bunch of those blue things to progress. How many?

Who knows. It's random! The good news is, we've already got it. And of course, you can bet this key's got a really important use.

Because honestly, what else are you supposed to open this random door to a cave in the woods with? As for the cave itself, well... it's kind of annoying, and that's about it. Honestly, you can say that about a lot of Dragon Slayer Jr. This Famicom port, at least. I'll, uh... show you how bad the MSX version is later.

Now, this part is extremely difficult. One could even call it the first true challenge of Dragon Slayer Jr. In order to evade these fish, we have to jump on these clouds very carefully. One misstep could spell our doom.

"Well, I enjoyed life while it lasted."

I honestly thought I was just gonna die here, but then... a fish... batted me over the wall? Wow, thanks, fish!

"its cool, dude"

Now we get to face off against the first real boss...

Peasants, Knights, Lords, all have fallen to this nightmare. A freakish beast that walks back and forth tossing chunks of itself everywhere... Bone-chilling. With such range, who could defeat it? What sort of... ranged fighter, could ever hope to slay the beast? But suddenly, it makes sense. The old man gave us 15 swords. The only logical reason... is for throwing.

And thus, the horrific beast is slain.

Really though, this fight takes like 10 seconds.

And thus, we finally, truly, reach Romancia. From here, the possibilities are endless! But our first order of business is to go check up with the king.

Of course, as must be the fighting style in Romancia, the king gives up eleven more swords to throw at our foes as we set out on our true quest to foil the dastardly King Crift! But first, I wonder what some of the locals have to say?

Oh.

Oh dear.

Oh my!

Weirdo.

Dear lord!

The humanity!

It makes Prince Fan so upset, he's just not sure what to do but go bathe off the stress!

But as things would happen, even the bath has become our enemy! What is one to do in such a situation?! Not bathe?! We're not having any of that! The bath might not be a great place, but there's still the lake!

While we're in the lake, let's also pound these three pegs, in a specific order of right, left and then middle, like any reasonable person.

Unfortunately, that still doesn't grant us access through the water gate into this cave. Who could help us in a time like this? Could they be in that other cave over on the right?!

Oh, that's convenient. Back to the water gate!

Well, we're here. It's a pretty boring place, though, no fairy or anything. But the secret they don't tell you is, sometimes you just have to walk around holding down, and you'll find incredible hidden things you never could've imagined.

Of course, that small blotch of pixels in that puddle is the fairy. Let's go meet her!

Uh oh, these guys look like bad news. It's up to Prince Fan to send them to heaven... literally!

Obviously, these are the most pure-hearted monsters. As they are clearly not cursed, but none of the other monsters go to heaven when they die, these blue goblin things must be the only ones who terrorize peacefully enough to deserve salvation.

As she says, this key's pretty important, but we don't need to use it just yet. To get out of this cave, we just have to walk over to the right, into the bottom of a small lake, and...

We pop right out, next to these two trees! And of course, like any reasonable person, we're going to enter in between those.

And this wonderful place is... somewhere we'll visit literally once in the entire game, and really just somewhere they stuffed two items replacing critical items from the MSX version. The process of getting here is also, somehow, much less insane than anything else in the game, though when you enter here at the start of the game everything is dead and admittedly, I'm not sure what condition brings it all back to life?

Anyway, if we hop in the fountain over there, we get a bottle of white... stuff. And that big tree over to the right gives us a... white... thing.

Well, whatever. Time to go to church.

But hey, there's this guy right next to church floating on a cloud. That's kinda cool, and he doesn't seem sick or anything. Let's go ask him what's up!

Heh, good one, dude. Hey, wanna go get drinks later? I've gotta go save the princess and I'm kinda broke, and I've only got thirty minutes to do all of it, but maybe we could--

It's time to go to church.

So, like any reasonable priest, he gives us one bottle of medicine to deliver to one of the four sick people around town. Not four to deliver all at once, but one to deliver individually, meaning we have to deliver the bottle, come back and grab another to deliver to yet another person. It's... not fun, especially since the Famicom version pads it out a bit more by replacing a gag with delivering medicine to the parent three times with two of that bedded person you saw earlier.

drat, this parent was loaded.

This is important, but it doesn't mean anything for us just yet.

Okay, now it means something.

On the way back to that guy who called us "the chosen one", we purify the well and the guy next to it gives us this.

Which is, of course, essential to beating the game. We'll also make a couple other extra stops.

This guy gives us shields for two coins, but if you double jump through the wall to his right, you can meet a guy who does it for half price. Unfortunately, the game is buggy as hell, so I couldn't get the screen to scroll over to him, as you can see pictured above. More importantly, though...

Bathing? Well, defying all our worldly knowledge, it's good now. Life will never be the same.

Finally, the guy gives us the cloak, which is actually way more useful than the cross as you'll see soon. First, we have one more stop to make.

Information-gathering at the pub! Sounds like a good idea, right? Well...

That was just a theoretical. This guy seems really dull at parties, so Prince Fan's not actually going to spend any money on his boring rear end.

Technically there's one more stop I could show, but it's just the hospital. After curing the town, the doctor will heal you for one coin per heart. With the bath, it costs 15 coins to restore yourself to max health. Now let's go to the graveyard.

This spooky place is where we finally put that gold key to use, and in doing so...

Huh. Turns out that crazy old guy was right. There are six souls here, and the birds... have... them...? And they're even polite enough to give them to us. Cool birds! Soul birds! It's time to go get our own soul stripped away! But first!

Ringing the bell gets us the rainbow rod. What's it do? Nothing but function as a dumb key to another gate! Hooray! But first, we have to do something even MORE important.

It's game over, once again...

Or is it?!

After making our way past heaven's most advanced security system, it's time for our greatest test: Can we chill out with the angels?

Yeah, we're pretty chill.

It's taken so long, but finally, we've reached our destination for the end of this part of the LP. Heaven. Fortunately, the game only gets shorter from here. Stay tuned!

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 26, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Huh. That is not how I would've expected the game to start out.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Neat, I've been curious about this one since I learned just how sprawling the Dragon Slayer/Xanadu/Sorcerian family tree is. And how Falcom seems to use the tree as a place to kick players square in the nuts in new and inventive ways regularly.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Choco1980 posted:

Neat, I've been curious about this one since I learned just how sprawling the Dragon Slayer/Xanadu/Sorcerian family tree is. And how Falcom seems to use the tree as a place to kick players square in the nuts in new and inventive ways regularly.

my first introduction to the series was Dragon Slayer 4 for the NES, more locally known as Legacy of the Wizard.

Features an actual family with 5 playable characters!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I like Xanadu but Legacy of the Wizard is probably the first Dragon Slayer game that isn't a bit of an ungodly nightmare to play. Probably helps that it's the first one where movement is handled in a sane, smooth way.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Part Two: Padding, Heaven & Pigs

Well, here we are in Heaven! What grand items and powers will we get here? What potential will this visit open?

Unfortunately, it just opens up a bunch of crabby old men on clouds who tell us to buzz off. And this guy.

So, now our jar of white stuff has a use. There isn't really anybody with a curse around here in Heaven or in Romancia though, so it's kind of irrelevant for the moment.

And of course, you can't use spring water by just splashing it on people, so this guy will give us some MP. MP management, of course, is one of the central parts of Dragon Slayer Jr.'s gameplay and something you, too, would learn to really, really hate!

Now, this leaves us in a predicament. We can't get out of Heaven, because we're dead. We have no soul. But you know what we do have? Some dead guy's soul. And he doesn't need it anymore, cause he's dead, and has no soul. So already being tired of the elderly in Heaven, Prince Fan munches it down and leaps to earth.

And miraculously, the fall does not break his legs. Now, let's finally use the Rainbow Rod for the obvious use for Rainbow Rods: getting an old man to let you cross the bridge!

This bridge area is a place you have to cross, like, six times over the course of the game and somehow none of my screenshots managed to capture the dozens of fish that keep hopping at you and plinking off your health every time you cross it. I did get this bird, though. It's not a great bird.

If you don't have the Rainbow Rod, this guy just doesn't let you cross. It is, one of the Famicom port's worst additions. But enough of that, we're in Azorba now!

So this is the kingdom of the evil lord, Crift! What perils will we face here? What monsters will we encounter?!

Well, pigs, of course. Dozens of pigs that try to charge into you and kill you. What? These don't look like pigs? Haven't you ever seen a pig before? They all look like this, you know. Anyway, we can't kill the pigs...

Because in a shocking twist, they're all cursed villagers and, for every pig we kill, we lose a karma ring. On the opposite end though, every time we cure a pig with the spring water, we gain a karma ring! I, uh... you can see where this is going already, huh? Yeah. We're grinding pigs. This grind takes a few minutes and basically nothing happens other than an extra return trip to Heaven, this is probably the worst part of Dragon Slayer Jr. in all versions, in the Famicom version because it's tedious padding--with the addition of the bridge, it just makes you waste an extra few minutes going back to Heaven to refill your magic. Granted, you get more magic this time, but it's still just a dull waste of time.

In the MSX version it's worse, because you're even more limited in how many times you can go to Heaven and every time I did this segment I ended up having to do an extra return trip and then the game would become unwinnable. Fun! Anyway, I'm done complaining. We do get one thing for this return trip, and of course, it's an essential item added in the Famicom port.

We'll only ever need this item once, thankfully, and it's a passive item used for a single room we're about to visit.

So in Azorba, there are four houses. The first three are just guys who were just turned into cheat devices by the fan translation, but only one of them's really got anything interesting because he appears to re-add an item that was cut from this port of the game--this thing, that lets you pause time. At least, if they left it in, I used it so little that I forgot it existed.

The other two just give you more of the limited expendable items, mainly souls. In the unpatched and in the MSX version, they just don't say anything. They're kinda creepy, really. Anyway, the fourth house is just important for having a hole in the center that takes us down here.

Now, what's down in this cave? Well, it should be obvious by now: obtuse game design!

And old men, too. A lotta old men. But there's only one old man for us, and it's this fella right here.

Indeed, talking to literally any other old man here is a mistake that could cost you your entire playthrough. If you so much as look at any of these other old men, they'll give you a fake scroll, in which case you have no choice but to reset because you can't drop the scroll you're given, this man won't give you the correct scroll as long as you're holding a fake, and there's no way to know which scroll is authentic until you're halfway done with the game. Maybe not surprising, but pretty awful! But that's not enough, you know? You can't just get the correct scroll. Ohohoho, no. If I seem angry about this, that's because I am. Let's grab another dead guy's souls and head back to heaven again!

Admittedly, I dunno what the crystal ball does in this version of Jr. The PC versions give you a minimap on the bottom screen and it reveals that for later areas, but since the Famicom version doesn't have that, I have no idea what it does and never bothered to check. The feather is one of our most handy items, though--we'll be using it a lot towards the end.

And this is what I'm talking about with the scroll. I didn't show the other guys, but you have to talk to four people to uncurse it. Telegraphed to the player? Haha, nope. And one of those guys? IT'S THE GUY IN THE CAVE NEXT TO THE LAKE. But even worse, i made it this far twice and never realized I needed to talk to this guy specifically twice to fully uncurse it. Yeah. That ended my first attempt to record this game. Anyway, I promise this is the last time I will have passionate feelings on game design in an obscure Falcom game from the 80s designed largely to anger the player.

The upgrade to our robe, however, is cool. It gives us invulnerability shielding, very handy. I'm a fan of that. You know what I'm also a fan of?

That's right. It's time... to save the princess. And what better way to cut loose after all that padding then to just, you know, mindlessly kill everything in our path.

On closer inspection, killing these people... isn't that different from saving them, right? It's basically the same result either way, they just float up into the air? Oh well. And hey, for every cursed villager we kill, we get more gold. Murder pays???

These stairs are much more dangerous than they look. Thankfully, I managed to avoid having a pig land on my face. If you're curious about that fairy in the right, she doesn't really do anything, she turns the cross into a magic attack that hits the whole screen, but... we don't really ever need that, especially since this is where the game gets very heavy on inventory management.

This pit looks important, right? I wonder what happens when we jump in...

Well, this is more leeway than the PC version gives you. Thankfully, the other side of the pit topside just has a hidden path we can walk through.

And with this, we've finally basically reached the castle. Let's go kick Crift's rear end!

And hopefully, not get killed by his royal guard of cursed giant blue snails.

Well, that did not work. But hey, he's not stopping us from going further forward, and the princess is that way, and nothing can hurt us as a pig! We're an invincible pig! Let's go, as an invincible pig, and save the princess!

Or... let's take two.

Okay, so it turns out, the problem was that I didn't murder enough people. After murdering like, one more pig, or a snail, Crift is totally cool with me. Truly, he is a king of evil. Unfortunately, since we're much more vulnerable as a fully armored knight than we are as a pig, we have much more to fear on our way to rescue the princess. For example: these... lizards?

And even more than them, even more fearsome, even more deadly, A GIANT SNAIL

Or... I guess not. Really though, the biggest enemy, the true boss of Dragon Slayer Jr... is this loving door.

That looks easy. It looks so easy. You know what isn't easy? Dealing with the goddamn scroll bullshit to get past it!!! Gah!

Finally, the princess is in sight. Just kinda standing there. I guess she doesn't have anything else to do, to be fair. She'd have more if we were playing on the MSX.

But anyway, here's the hardest boss in the game.

Well, he's dead. Let's go finish this!

Bout drat time.

Hey, uh... old guy? King? Princess? Prince Fan? There's kinda... something... looks kinda like a... a dragon?

Oh--

Old man, it just happened literally right in front of you. You saw it happen. With your eyes.

*sighs*

Well, I guess no good fairy tale is complete without an asspull.

I guess I should mention that this is exclusive to the Famicom version--here's what happens in the PC version.

I guess Compile didn't think that was a dramatic enough motivation for this last chunk of the game.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 2, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

You have image 106 in there twice.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ultrafilter posted:

You have image 106 in there twice.

I noticed, I went back and fixed it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Remember how I said someone at Falcom hates their customer base?

Yeah, I wasn't making a joke.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Seeing these early experiments in game design is always interesting, thanks for this.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Part 3: Dead Ends, Robbery, & A Dragon

So. We are setting off on yet another quest.

Well, at least we finally have a dragon to slay! So I guess we should prepare, for uh. The dragon slaying. And I have some good news! Remember that smith from earlier, and the secret room behind him? Well, it turns out the reason we couldn't get in there is just cause the programming in this port kind of sucks and you have to sink down in the wall first before the game will scroll. So after some finagling... here he is!

You didn't exactly make it easy to get in here, even knowing it WAS here.

Well, at least his prices are more reasonable.

And now... we get to do the same whole song and dance again. Time to go to Azorba.

Ah, but it's not the EXACT same.

After killing the whole village once, Prince Fan is feeling pretty guilty. So we're going to, peacefully, make our way to the castle without hurting a fly.

Unfortunately, this means we are a pig again. Fortunately, we want to be a pig? There's not really a reason not to, since we don't have any more bosses to fight or princesses to save, all that's important is progress! And so, we'll find that through this passage behind what was the princess' cell takes us to one of the worst parts of the game!

... I'll just put the map for this maze posted on strategywiki right here.

StrategyWiki posted:

Every room in the maze looks the same, there is a path to the left and right, and a ladder leading up and down. However, just because the paths are present doesn't mean you can always take them. Furthermore, some of the ladder paths are one way only. If that weren't enough, if you descend down the wrong ladder, you could find yourself in a pig pit. If and when you do escape from the pig pit, you will be back at the start of the maze and have to retrace your steps all over again. The following map is a guide that should help you find your way through the maze. A pig represents a pit trap. The Medicine marks where you may purchase Medicine at the cost of 30 Gold Coins. The Staff represents a room where you may restore one Magic Point at the cost of 2 Gold Coins.

It... sucks. And you have to listen to this song repeating on a loop the whole time. And, uh, yet again... the Famicom version's maze is less obnoxious. I had to google the game's title in japanese for the map to the PC version's maze, and off an untranslated japanese guide on a sorcerian fansite I got... this.

Yeah. This is Dragon Slayer Jr, all right.

So, once we reach the end, we're greeted with something very welcoming.

Lave boiling us whole! Woo! The only way to prevent our demise is to wear our robe, the enchantment of which will protect us from harm, including deadly lava that will otherwise drain our health in an instant.

Through this cave of lava, we'll finally reach our greatest moral dilemma.

If you pick the wrong door... you'll have to climb out of a pit and pick the door AGAIN!!! It's also randomized, to be a maximum gently caress you!

If we fall in one of the pits at the start of the room, we'll have to jump out of a pit again. If we fall into this big pit... I don't think anything happens, actually?

Here, we need to crawl through this little water path because if we go up, one of those jerks steals our robe. Yep! But hey, if we climb up at the end and walk back towards them a bit, we can find a stash of money.

Now, given that we just had a random path choice a minute ago, you can guess what this crap is.

It stinks! And like everything, I had way more luck with it in this version than on PC.

Hey, this path looks fairly innocuous...

I take back literally anything positive I have ever said about this game.

Turns out we gotta jump up next to that weird dragon face plate thing. Or else the entire room gets flooded with lava. It's... yeah.

Making it past there, we run into a horde of other white pigs and pass by these weird statues. There's not much to worry about with them, though, they're just the souls of other heroes who were killed by the dragon and trapped within this dark cave for all eternity. The regular stuff.

Heck, after a while you even get used to it.

After an awkward little bit of platforming, we start plunging down into a pit of lava. Good thing we've got that feather for flying, huh? Else we'd be boiled alive in an instant! Hah!

Taking a swim through these dingy little passages, we surface up in a small path to that guy on the upper right. He's gonna give us something very important in exchange for our otherwise useless crystal ball thing.

Well... a hint for where to get something important. Just as valuable, right? Now let's head over to the left, where we'll find something maybe not quite as important, but still, neat.

I bet you fell for my genius mind trick, huh? I told you this wouldn't be as important, but it's actually the most important item in the game. And it's totally friggin useless! Why's that? Well, the guy's been holding onto it for who knows how long, but he went and let it get cursed! Of course, nobody will tell us this, ever. Let's head back to entrance!

Say bye to the statue guys on the way out, y'know.

And here we have...

Well, whaddya know. A bit of mercy from the designers. I... guess I'm thankful?

Well, we're at the end of everything now, folks. There's only a bit of preparations to be made, and then... we'll finally face the dragon--Vaides! So, let's make our last trip back to Romancia a fun one!

I think I forgot to take a capture of one of the fish earlier. Well, here's a fish. And we're a pig. A pig blessed with invincibility. So theoretically, we could hang out with the fish as long as we want. But we aren't going to. That'd be weird.

And who says a pig can't walk into a graveyard and nab a dead man's soul from a bird?

Unfortunately, thus marks the end of our pig life. Rest in pig.

And this marks our last awkward trip into Heaven, too. So long, old weirdos!

And you know, this means we don't need karma anymore, right? And you might not have noticed it, but one of those sick people at the start of the game had a lot of money...

Well, I guess nobody will miss a scant 30 gold coins. I mean, hey, that parent practically forced that much on us, right? It's chump change! Nobody will notice except god and our conscience. But I guess Prince Fan doesn't really have one of those. That's pretty convenient.

Y'know... let's get one more soul. Just for old time's sake. We don't really need it, though... and our pockets are getting kind of full... hrm. Well, that's why pawn shops exist, I guess.

That guy's soul will find a nice new owner who needs it much more than we do, I'm certain.

So long, bridge... so long, jumping fish... so long, old men.

Hey, y'know... maybe mindlessly killing villagers transformed into pigs really isn't that bad, after all?

Again, thankfully, we don't have to crawl all that way back through the maze. They've put a shortcut to the entrance to the whole second half of the underground area right here, saving us much time and pain. So, so much pain.

Of course, since we're not a pig anymore, we have to fight our way back, so those weird bald robed guys are a bit more of a problem. It's not too bad, though. Well... mostly.

The army of invincible clones of Prince Fan trying to kill us are a bit more of a problem. And an existential crisis. But hey, that's why we have the invincibility robe, right?

Of course, the water in the next room is dirty, so we'll use the robe to... avoid getting dirty? Anyway, lets head right through it!

Uh... whoops. Turns out taking the first path right is... a bad idea.

Good thing we've got this.

And finally...

We are here.

This is where the dragon...

Gets slayered.

So. Uh. This boss fight.

It's pretty boring.

You just kind of trim down his body, and...

The end. Not really any big music. No attack patterns to speak of. Just shaving off a dragon's body. Well.

Yo.

Hurray!

(There's also a secret ending, but I have no idea how to get it and it's literally just an extra image.)

Well, that was... definitely a video game. I think? Could've been a bit longer. Dragged a bit in the middle. Never really got any resolution to King Crift. Could've used some more time to develop the pig gameplay. But all in all, a pretty rounded experience. I never want to play it again.

But wait! That's the end of the game, but not the end of the LP! Stick around for a bonus update, we'll poke around some of the more interesting version differences between the MSX and Famicom ports.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 5, 2018

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dawww :3:

It was worth it after all.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I think the Dragon Slayer sword is in like, every single game in the Xanadu family tree.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The dagron has been slayered and the pirncess savered.

Short, simple. Not too sweet though. Way too many padding twists and turns.

At least there was a smoochered in the end.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Congraturation!

Game over.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Original experience minus three months of flailing around trying everything. Again, thanks for detailing this little adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

ultrafilter posted:

Congraturation!

Game over.

Julias posted:

Dawww :3:

It was worth it after all.

• Locked thread