Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

Doctor Dogballs posted:

He sure was! William Henry Harrison was the 9th President of the united gay-ts. (To remember that just think WILLIAM H. has 9 letters. Or, W. HARRISON also has 9 letters!) He was the Old Tippecanoe guy. He was the first president to die in office and he gave the longest inauguration speech.

whats the story with tippecanoe anyway it was something from 1812 right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Doctor Dogballs posted:

He sure was! William Henry Harrison was the 9th President of the united gay-ts. (To remember that just think WILLIAM H. has 9 letters. Or, W. HARRISON also has 9 letters!) He was the Old Tippecanoe guy. He was the first president to die in office and he gave the longest inauguration speech.

Those two things are related! It was really cold on the day he delivered his speech, and he caught pneumonia and died.

Matoi Ryuko

Doctor Dogballs posted:

George washington had a dog named sweet lips

None but hohner harmonica company claimed to have a letter lincoln wrote to someone else making the statement but nobody has managed to produce the letter as proof. I still think he blazed 420 dank nugs though.

I'm impressed w/ myself for knowing about the letter. Now I know more, thanks.

Johnny Five-Jaces

do rutherford b "pee" hayes

also a not-so-fun fact about frankie pierce is that either right before or right at the start of his presidency he got in a train crash with his family and his only son got his noggin chopped off, which franklin and his wife both saw

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

alnilam posted:

whats the story with tippecanoe anyway it was something from 1812 right?

honestly I have no idea

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

alnilam

Harrison: vote for me! The tippecanoe guy!!

Everyone else: what?

sweet geek swag

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Tippecanoe was the decisive battle in the Black Hawk war. Basically it is the reason there are no Native Americans in Illinois or Indiana.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

do rutherford b "pee" hayes

also a not-so-fun fact about frankie pierce is that either right before or right at the start of his presidency he got in a train crash with his family and his only son got his noggin chopped off, which franklin and his wife both saw

I don't remember almost anything about R.B.H. except that my history teacher a long time ago called him "Ruthie" for some reason, and that he was potus #19, directly after Grant (as I mentioned, can remember this because H (Hayes) is directly after G (Grant) ) and his election was one of those weird "bargain" or tiebreaker type situations and that his being elected ended the reconstruction era. However, I don't remember anything about his presidency itself

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Dogballs

sweet geek swag posted:

Tippecanoe was the decisive battle in the Black Hawk war. Basically it is the reason there are no Native Americans in Illinois or Indiana.

thanks. well we still have the chicago black hawks.

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

• Locked thread