Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Applewhite posted:

lol if you're supposed to double space after every period why don't they just make the "normal" space twice as big?

That's actually what happens in every single word processor. Double spaces is from the days of typewriters

Or is that :thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
If you only put a single space you are wrong, and will always be wrong. If you single space again you're going back to using a typewriter.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

Deal with it. That people don't, now, and normalize it due to font issues, is bullshit.
Double-tap that poo poo, homey.

I'm double space krew 4 lyfe :getin:

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Moridin920 posted:

For real lol if you do this

nuh uh

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

If you use LaTeX (pronounced LAY-tekh) then it automatically uses the appropriate inter-sentence spacing that your stupid thesis board requires

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

dads friend steve posted:

If you use LaTeX (pronounced LAY-tekh) then it automatically uses the appropriate inter-sentence spacing that your stupid thesis board requires

I only shitpost bareback :smug:

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

dads friend steve posted:

additionally if you use LaTeX you will literally never have sex with a woman in your entire life

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

my dog died im sad posted:

When did you learn to not do this. Like what was the catalyst. I've always understood it to be the standard.

What in the world would be the catalyst for you thinking it is the standard? And what hosed up teacher taught you such an insane habit? Was it the same one that taught you that question marks are evil?

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
You didn't go to primary school in Hell?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
op is a 50 year old guy i guess

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol if you posted:

additionally if you use LaTeX you will literally never have sex with a woman in your entire life

what about troff

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You mean keming

lmao

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

They make browser and wordpress extensions to get rid of double spaces now, hop on the good web typography bandwagon gramps

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
True story I wrote a book report in elementary school on a type writer because I didn't get a computer until middle school.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
way to prove me wrong, guys :mad:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
that is not standard practice, op

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i do that op. my gf always reminds me to remove them from my resume. i know shes right but i hate it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

Deal with it. That people don't, now, and normalize it due to font issues, is bullshit.
Double-tap that poo poo, homey.

You ... you didn't do it after your first sentence of this post. I'm so confused.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You are correct op otherwise I didn't read the thread

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lol if you posted:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

pram posted:

op is a 50 year old guy i guess

:pram:

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Wow you’re a real piece of poo poo OP.

Holy gently caress.

I bet you don’t use the Oxford comma either you scumbag.

Please sterilize yourself and your children.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
As a professional translator I have to deal with this on an almost daily basis.
Let me assure you OP, while your writing habit is annoying (it messes up automated segmentation in translation tools), you are far from being the only one who does it. It seems to be an American thing.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
whatthefuckisaspace

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You mean kuming

:wink:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I do it too OP because that's what I was taught but more importantly it makes some people really mad if they notice it (which almost never happens but it's still worth it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I don't remember if they had us do this in college...I think they did. But the style guides for every writing job I've had just use one, so that's what I do now.

College was so long ago. Like I remember only really weird people brought their laptops to type notes in class, but apparently this is normal now, I think. Crazy.

• Locked thread