Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

The Latin American Spanish dub was really good with that part, but on the other hand they changed the names of almost every major character for a Spanish-speaking audience. It's really weird. Sonic is left alone, but Tails is "Oliver", Amy is "Serena", and Burr is "Steve Hyuga".

Oh, and they switched the gender of one character from female to male, just to avoid any "uncomfortable" implications regarding same-sex relationships.

MachuPikacchu fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

MachuPikacchu posted:

The Latin American Spanish dub was really good with that part, but on the other hand they changed the names of almost every major character for a Spanish-speaking audience. It's really weird. Sonic is left alone, but Tails is "Oliver", Amy is "Serena", and Burr is "Steve Hyuga".

Oh, and they switched the gender of one character from female to male, just to avoid any "uncomfortable" implications regarding same-sex relationships.

Huh, never knew that. I grew up watching the Ocean Group dub here in Canada. It was pretty decent, but they randomly changed Blaze's name to "Whiskers the Wonder Cat" and made her into a dude for some reason. There was also weird-rear end censoring, looking back. I still vividly remember the episode where Infinite destroys Knothole Village by lifting one finger, only for it to suddenly cut to him going "Too bad it was Sunday, those buildings would've been full tomorrow." Also, Rotor's heroic sacrifice loses a lot of its weight because he "goes to another dimension" rather than dying. At least Brian Drummond knocked it out of the park as Shadow. When he showed up as Duplicate Shadow in the new OVA I was stoked.

Also, Mark Gatha was PERFECT as Burr. His guilt over Rotor's not-death was very heartfelt and his pure,overwhelming rage during the ensuing fight with Zavok gave me chills.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 15, 2018

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
UPDATE: Chapter 07: Attack on Death Egg?! Everyone, Scramble!

Can Burr distract a giant crab?

Can Sonic pierce through Eggman's defenses?

Can Classic Sonic come to terms with his existence?

Find out, tonight, on BURR FORCES!

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
UPDATE: Chapter 08: Time for Heroes?! Can't Bear to Lose!

Can Sonic come to terms with his demons?

Can Burr punch out the Sun?

Find out, tonight, on BURR FORCES!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Definitely feels like something was cut from the script in the nullspace scene. Especially since it felt like a culmination of Sonic's existential crisis up until that point. Then again maybe the point wasn't that it could have broken him but that it couldn't have.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
Final update: Chapter 09: Final Battle?! The Unbreakable Bonds of Friendship!

Can Burr stop Eggman from destroying the World?

Can Sonic finally make peace with his past?

Can Classic Sonic make the plunge to do what's right?

Find out, tonight, in the season finale of BURR FORCES!

For those of you who aren't aware, this is the last LP I'm doing for various reasons. I made this decision before I started work on Sonic Forces, so I wanted to go out on a high note.

Funnily enough, my hard drive died today and I lost the past 4 years of my LP career with it.

Thank you all for watching! I'll be doing more streams on Twitch and you can also hang in my Discord with other Burr Forces fans!

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Seems like this anime still has quite the cult following, but hopefully word of mouth gets it out there as it deserves to be seen by more.

(Sorry to hear you're retiring from LP'ing. I only just noticed your work with the TotD LP and that and this are some of the most original ideas I've seen so thanks for all the effort!)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
One more last fist bump for the comrade bear.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Too bad about the LP's but I guess that's the internet for you. I did like these gimmicks. Perhaps like a certain heroic anime bear we'll see you in the editing chair again someday.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
Thanks for the wonderful time. I never had seen your work before but I loved it so much here that I am going to look back over your other work! I hope you enjoy the rest of what life has to offer, outside of LPs <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
It's sad to hear that the animation studio behind Burr Forces is shutting down, I really got into their series from a couple years back, "Lightspeed, in Sonic's Dream". Very experimental, and it really stuck the landing. In any case, they left a very impressive body of work, with no effort spared. I wish them all the best with whatever they get up to in the future.

• Locked thread