Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Welcome to Digimon World Next Order.

What is this Game?
Digimon World: Next Order is a sequel/remake of the PSX game Digimon World. It has been released as a Japan-only product on the PSP only coming on to the PS4 in March 2017. Many of the features of
Digimon World still remains here but with a wonderful modern twist and much-needed quality of life features such as easy access to devolution charts and even a building designed to help the player directly choose which Digimon to digiolve into.
Some of the old areas still exist but it is mostly new zones/areas. File City becomes Flotilla City and so on.

How many Digimon are there? Are you going to 100% this game?
There is 231 Partner Digimon to get and no I will not be getting them all as it will take me literal months or even years to get. I will be getting all of the city Digimon however as that is much easier to do.

How will you be LP’ing this game?
I will be doing a video with Voice Commentary. The first video doesn’t have any commentary as the tutorial will be explaining how to play without any problems. I will also be making videos that will explain some of the game mechanics in detail.
Once the current generation dies I will put the next generation to a vote. You can either vote for a particular Digimon or just an egg in general. Names will be given to them as well you can suggest the names for the next generation as well.

Click here to watch it as a Playlist.

Episode 01. Digidive

Episode 02. Rookies
Episode 03: Explorers
Episode 04: Tamers
Episode 05: Deserts

Supeerme fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
The next update is being made and will most likely be up by Wednesday. So I want to know what is your favourite Digimon and why? Also, what is the best moment in the Digimon Anime you seen?

My favourite Digimon would be Machinedramon. I loved how he acted in the anime and I also loved the Japanese voice. The fact that he was one of the Dark Masters which is my ideal villainous group in the Digimon franchise definitely helped. His death was too sudden and I felt that it was a major disservice. It felt like they had to move the story forward and they wanted to skip the battle.

If you want to watch the Digimon Anime again I strongly recommended seeing in Japanese, not because of any weeb nonsense but due to the editing that was done to the English version you don't get the full story. Here is a good example:

Here we have the English version of Machinedramon Death:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxqljc82OGo
And here is the Original Japanese version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChTGKYkivfA

As you can see, the Neumon's sacrifice wasn't given any real impact in the English Dub due to both the music and the dialogue. Even with the context, it felt a little sudden and pointless. The Japanese one gives it a sense of loss to it.

For the best moment in the Digimon Anime would be Puppetmon Death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UBd2QCkgyA
It a great way to end Puppetmon's story arc where he doesn't understand why he is alone and after killing off his only friend who was trying to teach him to have a heart and treat everyone with kindness. The solution that he wanted to be answered came too late for Puppetmon and in the Japanese version, he died without knowing anything. In the English version just before Puppetmon Death, it was still too late but the answer was more explicit. While Puppetmon had plenty of friends, they were only friends due to both the strings and the fear of being killed by him. If he made even the smallest effort into caring about the friends that surrounded him then they wouldn't have betrayed him or let him die.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Is this version of the game still incredibly grindy and obtuse to the point where it took data miners a decade to figure out how some of the mechanics worked?

I might follow this, since I loved the original game. But the thing I remember most about it is that there was a game breaking bug exclusively in the European version.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Is this version of the game still incredibly grindy and obtuse to the point where it took data miners a decade to figure out how some of the mechanics worked?

I might follow this, since I loved the original game. But the thing I remember most about it is that there was a game breaking bug exclusively in the European version.

Nope! This game has made it very clear about the mechanics. I am avoiding most of them right now as they are not relevant at the moment. The game is grindy in terms of Materials but a large amount of it is easy to do.

The game-breaking bug you are talking about is the Giromon Jukebox bug.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The dubbing itself is rather ghastly terrible and sometimes detaches itself from what is going on during scenes. It does try to play any poop scenes straight, even if Digimon are flinging it or wearing it, despite it being a kids show.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

The dubbing itself is rather ghastly terrible and sometimes detaches itself from what is going on during scenes. It does try to play any poop scenes straight, even if Digimon are flinging it or wearing it, despite it being a kids show.

Yeah because poop is funny to kids.I was surprised by the amount of swearing in Digimon Tamers but I am not sure if that was the fansub's being "edgy" or not.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
So after two days of wrangling with my ISP I can finally upload the episode!

Episode 03: Explorers

Here we are going to be exploring the Nigh Plains and start recruiting Digimons for the City. I got a new microphone recently so the audio quality should be better.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What are the icons that appear when you train the Digimon?

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

What are the icons that appear when you train the Digimon?

They are bonuses. The more you get the easier it gets to win the minigame. There are many types of bonuses.

Happiness, Food, Time of Day, Day of Week, Friendship, Rivalry and some more that can be gained. You can get a max of ten bonuses per partner.

I am going to be doing a tutorial on training soon after the next update.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
A new update has come! This time we are progressing the Story and actually start moving towards the 2nd chapter.

Episode 04: Tamers

So as I am reaching the end of the initial recording, I need to know what you want to see more in this LP? I have been cutting out most of the travelling as not a lot happens much like the training sessions I do. Do you want me to continue to do that? Also, Do you want me to cut out some of the random battles as well?

Please talk about the events in the video in spoilers for now on as we are now firmly into the game and the "Tutorial" part of the game has ended.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think the old random battles should show the last seconds of the knocked out Digimon and the bell ring. If nothing happens between random fights, just show the bell rings for each of them. Any fights with new Digimon should still be shown once.

The travels are ok, but at a faster speed. The item gathering spots don't need to be shown or sped through as well.

Don't remember if there were other humans in the original game. There had to be more than just one human, like in the shows.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

I think the old random battles should show the last seconds of the knocked out Digimon and the bell ring. If nothing happens between random fights, just show the bell rings for each of them. Any fights with new Digimon should still be shown once.

The travels are ok, but at a faster speed. The item gathering spots don't need to be shown or sped through as well.

Don't remember if there were other humans in the original game. There had to be more than just one human, like in the shows.

Good to know thank you.

There was one human in the original game called Analogman. He was the final boss with his Machinedramon.

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

There were other humans in Digimon World Re:Digitize which was a remake/update of the original Digimon World game

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Sathzur posted:

There were other humans in Digimon World Re:Digitize which was a remake/update of the original Digimon World game

Re:Digi has basically gently caress all to do with World 1 though, aside from using some of the same mechanics. It's set in the same continuity but it is not DW1 by any imagination.

A proper remake/update of World 1 with some additions and whatnot would basically be the best thing.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Re:Digi has basically gently caress all to do with World 1 though, aside from using some of the same mechanics. It's set in the same continuity but it is not DW1 by any imagination.

A proper remake/update of World 1 with some additions and whatnot would basically be the best thing.

Yes, that would be the best thing but right now this game is a close copy of it.

I haven't updated this week thanks to life getting in the way but I will be uploading an update tomorrow. Check this post for it!

What should the names of our next Partners?
Also, choose a number from 1 to 8. The number that shows up the most will be chosen for the next generation.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Ben
Jerry

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Jackie
Chan

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Game
Over

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Daisy
Duke

8, with second option for 1

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
And here is the next Update!

Episode 05: Deserts

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How does the enemy level matter? You beat some level 6s and got destroyed by level 3s.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 8, 2018

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

How does the enemy level matter? You beat some level 6s and got destroyed by level 3s.

The Level 3 RedVegimons are Ultimate so they are stronger than a level 6 Champions.

A level 10 Rookie is like a level 1 Champion and a level 10 champion is a level 1 Ultimate.

So a level 3 Ultimate like a RedVegimon is as strong as a level 30 Champion. When we can kill them without any problems then we can take on anything below them.

But when it comes down to it, just focus on the colour of the bar.

In terms of our partner's stats, we could be considered a level 8 Champion.

Supeerme fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 9, 2018

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
So, I'm watching the series finally and I have to say having seen Digimon Tamers meeting that Tamer's Guilmon was quite the surprise that was NOT the voice I was expecting.

edit: Jeeze that DLC is overpowered Megas that easily?! Guarenteed. You may as well just train until Mega and then just steam roll

Godna fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 12, 2018

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Godna posted:

So, I'm watching the series finally and I have to say having seen Digimon Tamers meeting that Tamer's Guilmon was quite the surprise that was NOT the voice I was expecting.

edit: Jeeze that DLC is overpowered Megas that easily?! Guarenteed. You may as well just train until Mega and then just steam roll

I agree on both counts. The DLC eggs are only unlocked when you beat the game so at that point, it's more of a "You beat the game and you don't want to waste time training everything again."

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
And now we really do move forward with the story.
Episode 06: Guardians

Things are definitely moving at a higher pace thanks to our Megas and if things go well, we may even complete Chapter 1 in the next two episodes.

I feel that I should explain the icons above our partners head that appear while we are exploring.

The Eye means someone we can interact with is nearby.
The Red !! means something we can pick up.
The Meat means they are hungry.
The Sweat Drops mean that they are fatigued. They lose around 3 hours of their life everytime it happens.
Happy face just means that they are happy.
Pink poop means they need to poop.

There is more but we haven't seen them yet.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is it possible to have Digimon live to be 100000 days old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is it possible to have Digimon live to be 100000 days old?

Yes!

It's not as great as you'd think, though. It gets boring after a while.

• Locked thread