Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.
I've never been able to take DarkNite seriously. He looks like egyptian Macho Man Randy Savage.

(update on previous page, y'all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Tofu Survivor posted:

I've never been able to take DarkNite seriously. He looks like egyptian Macho Man Randy Savage.

(update on previous page, y'all)

I'm not convinced that you're meant to take him seriously.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
somehow he keeps coming back too

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

DeafNote posted:

somehow he keeps coming back too

I think until Yami defeated him and destroyed the ruins, he was like Dracula and idiots just kept resurrecting him over and over.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I can't wait for your Falsebound Kingdom LP in the far distant future. :allears:

I can dream.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SystemLogoff posted:

I can't wait for your Falsebound Kingdom LP in the far distant future. :allears:

I can dream.

Unlike Forbidden Memories, Falsebound Kingdom doesn't even have an interesting story to fall back on. The best thing about it is that it turned a nameless researcher who appeared a couple times in the anime into a main antagonist.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I actually really like DarkNite, if only because for some reason his writing is super informal so he comes across as a giant bro and I can imagine that, if he didn't want to enslave/destroy mankind, he'd be a pretty cool friend. It's horribly out of place, but it makes sense because he's out of place, and hey, he's enjoyable like that.

Too bad this game isn't. Great job getting through it, and I'm surprised you didn't get a Meteor Black Dragon

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

I actually really like DarkNite, if only because for some reason his writing is super informal so he comes across as a giant bro and I can imagine that, if he didn't want to enslave/destroy mankind, he'd be a pretty cool friend. It's horribly out of place, but it makes sense because he's out of place, and hey, he's enjoyable like that.

Too bad this game isn't. Great job getting through it, and I'm surprised you didn't get a Meteor Black Dragon

I didn't intentionally optimize my grinding at all, which is probably why I never came up with anything better than you see in the videos. I was working with game knowledge I had previously and the list of codes for the monsters to buy.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Funny thing is that Widespread Ruin is apparently called Omnidirectional Claymore Mine in Japanese which is why its new art looks kinda magitech mine (not a claymore mine though, but a Bouncing Betty, oddly enough).
Another card called Chain Burst has both the magitech mine and an explosion in the background that looks kinda like WR's original card art.

Great job on this horseshit game. Man I never played it but reading about how to get magic and trap cards in this shitpile pissed me the gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

Great job on this horseshit game. Man I never played it but reading about how to get magic and trap cards in this shitpile pissed me the gently caress off.

It's a spiteful mess

• Locked thread