Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

so itunes works mostly fine for me now unless i plug my iphone into the computer causing it to completely freeze

what the gently caress, apple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

so itunes works mostly fine for me now unless i plug my iphone into the computer causing it to completely freeze

what the gently caress, apple

they’re doing you a favor

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

back when i worked on windows media player we'd get hatemail about the random shuffle because it would sometimes play the same song twice in a row. because, you know, random.

I would probably be at least a little perplexed if I shuffled a deck of cards and then found two identical cards side-by-side in the deck.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

back when i worked on windows media player we'd get hatemail about the random shuffle because it would sometimes play the same song twice in a row. because, you know, random.

The most software developer post I've seen in a long time

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

Doom Mathematic posted:

I would probably be at least a little perplexed if I shuffled a deck of cards and then found two identical cards side-by-side in the deck.

Well yeah but when your 52nd card is an ace of hearts and you reshuffle the deck to find the 53rd card is also an ace of hearts you're not going to send your hands hate mail

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

if it’s a small playlist then those odds suck. people would generally expect it to be removed from the set until they’ve all been played

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Doom Mathematic posted:

i can't think of any games where you reshuffle the entire deck after playing a single card, either

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

UX is overrated

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

shuffle is not the same as random hth

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

nick cave and the random seeds

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
personally I would not pay $30 billion for spotify

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
For some reason Galloway thinks Amazon is going to pay double that.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

TimWinter posted:

For some reason Galloway thinks Amazon is going to pay double that.

or netflix and i understand his argument but i still think it's dumb. you can't pivot to creating your own music like netflix has pivoted to making it's own video

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

or netflix and i understand his argument but i still think it's dumb. you can't pivot to creating your own music like netflix has pivoted to making it's own video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWVFEVWJMz8

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A perennial yospos favourite, but lol at imagining being this guys neighbour :o:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

A perennial yospos favourite, but lol at imagining being this guys neighbour :o:

u know he's doing that 24 hours a day too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I miss grooveshark because there was legit a lot of independent music and remixes and other stuff in addition to the 5000 lovely uploads of whatever the top 20 of the moment was

• Locked thread