Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Grand Blue is too bro-y.
Hinamatsuri, is very unbro-y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Oh, god, I thought you were talking about an anime comedy adaptation of popular gatchapon moneysuck Granblue and boy, was I skeptical.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mimir posted:

Oh, god, I thought you were talking about an anime comedy adaptation of popular gatchapon moneysuck Granblue and boy, was I skeptical.

I actually wrote Granblue and had to edit my post, lol

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
https://twitter.com/feel_feel/status/1011187952595005441

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's weird. i love the manga, but the anime didn't do anything at all for me.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's weird. i love the manga, but the anime didn't do anything at all for me.

This is why I try to watch the anime before I read the manga. Anime based on manga usually (not always) is a distillation of what happened in the manga. So the manga has more to it.

If you read the manga first, then not much in the anime is going to be new for you. If you watch the anime first, there will still be parts of the manga that are new to you, since they weren't covered in the anime. (there will be exceptions, of course)

Which is part of why people revealing stuff from the manga to people watching the anime drives me up the frickin' wall. (The other part is, as I've stated, that I'm a dick.)

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I can see how the delivery of stuff like Hina's congratulations turning into a funerary scene could be completely lost to someone who already got it from the manga.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
So where in the manga does the anime leave off? I don't wanna wait for season 2, I wanna get in on the Hina train while it's still running.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

MJP posted:

So where in the manga does the anime leave off? I don't wanna wait for season 2, I wanna get in on the Hina train while it's still running.

Read it all. Like 50% of the chapters didnt get adapted in the run up to the timeskip. Youve got plenty to read. Most of the stuff skipped was Yakuza stories but some really good non-Yakuza stuff got left behind too like Hitomis English Lesson and Anzu going to school with Hina

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hina's actress arc, rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

MJP posted:

The anime jumped all over the place, for instance it adapted chapter 38 in episode 8, chapter 36 in episode 9, and chapter 32 in episode 11. The last chapter that the anime adapted was chapter 47 where Mao and the Rocksion dude meet, but if you started there in the manga you would be missing a whole lot of hilarious chapters that the anime skipped. In other words:

Meme Emulator posted:

Read it all.

• Locked thread