Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
Today a cat went for a walk. She found a place called Paul's Tomb!

Paul's Tomb is a little sheltered cove at the end of a short trail. In the early 1900s, a pioneer built a house here for himself and his wife, Elizabeth, and when they started to become quite old, he built a tomb. Paul was a little morbid, but also a forward thinker!

The house is gone, and the tomb is nearly buried, but in the spring it's covered in bright yellow flowers (they are called Arrowleaf Balsamroot, and they grow here by the thousands) and in the summer it peeks out from behind lavender. The tomb is well hidden, but the locals know it's there. I think Paul and Elizabeth would be happy to know the cove they loved so much is now a favorite spot for the people of their town to come and relax.

I wonder where the cat will go tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

cool!

a little research revealed where that is

looks very pretty

the cat has good taste

ty nesamdoom!

rump buttman

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

liked and subscrib'd

I'm hoping that fine feline will have a chance to get Nip'd up and scratch some driftwood. Wandering gets tiring, and, like, a lot of work, maaaaaaaaaaan. Kitty cat deserves some me time too.

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Why is there so much beauty in this world? (These forums)

krampster2

I take a selfie in front of Paul's Tomb.

'heya! just me and the tomb. wew!'

alnilam

krampster2 posted:

I take a selfie in front of Paul's Tomb.

'heya! just me and the tomb. wew!'

lol

alnilam

rump buttman posted:

liked and subscrib'd

I'm hoping that fine feline will have a chance to get Nip'd up and scratch some driftwood. Wandering gets tiring, and, like, a lot of work, maaaaaaaaaaan. Kitty cat deserves some me time too.

:same:

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
It was gray and drizzly when a cat went for a walk today, with clouds rolling off the mountains. She found many interesting things. One of them was a fountain shaped like fish!

This fountain is named "Rhapsody," and it can be found a few kilometres south of the Tomb. Nobody ever calls it that - it's usually just called the Dolphins. It was made by a Scottish man named Robert Dow Reid, who travelled on whaling vessels in the 1940s and 1950s and grew fascinated with the sea. His works can be found all over the world - including this town's sister city in Japan.

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
The Dolphins have a cousin, tucked away in a jumble of old apartments around the corner. Tourists and visitors usually never realize it's there.

The cat was a little distracted, though.

WrenP-Complete

Subscribed for the fun. :)

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
There was another cat just past the fountain and over a bridge, trying to sleep.

This sculpture is called On The Beach; it was made by Geert Maas. Geert moved here from the Netherlands in 1979, and cast these figures from bronze.

It was inspired by the sight of American tourists - or so they say. In the summer it glows in the sun and the water is sprinkled with sailboats. The lake is nearly two kilometres wide here - one of its narrowest points! There are races to swim across the lake, and paddle dragonboats around a course, and all kinds of festivals and holidays are celebrated here on the beach. For now, though, it is very calm.

the bsd boys fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 16, 2018

Macnult

:five:

Manifisto

a wonderful tour, with a wonderful tour guide

funmanguy

What time is it?
i feel like the cat should be pet, or petted, or however, someone pet that cat

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
On top of the hill behind the beach, there is a little pond tucked away in a stand of pine trees, with a black granite slab.

The slab says, "In memory of Tara."

Tara was a black labrador retriever, and the first dog employed full-time by the city for the sole purpose of scaring the absolute hell out of geese. She served for ten happy years before she retired, and eventually passed away. Tara was much loved, and the city now employs several dogs to carry on her work throughout the many parks. She was a very good dog.

The geese here have become extremely well behaved around people.

FluffieDuckie

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

On top of the hill behind the beach, there is a little pond tucked away in a stand of pine trees, with a black granite slab.

The slab says, "In memory of Tara."

Tara was a black labrador retriever, and the first dog employed full-time by the city for the sole purpose of scaring the absolute hell out of geese. She served for ten happy years before she retired, and eventually passed away. Tara was much loved, and the city now employs several dogs to carry on her work throughout the many parks. She was a very good dog.

The geese here have become extremely well behaved around people.

That’s like every dog’s dream job

And your thread rocks :love:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
Thanks Fluffie!

It's raining real hard right now; the cats have gone in and so have I. We'll see what else is around tomorrow.

alnilam

FluffieDuckie posted:

funmanguy

What time is it?
So, does the cat win?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

FluffieDuckie posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
Today the cat found a marina under a windswept sky.

The last year or so has been hard on this city. The lake sits in a valley surrounded on all sides by mountains, along a trail carved by a glacier in the last ice age. It has a lot of area to collect meltwater from, and last spring the lake broke its banks. Another few inches, and I would have been paddleboarding into my apartment's lobby. The water washed away beaches, roads, and docks. Volunteers came together from all over the valley to help fill and distribute sandbags, and longer stretches were protected by bright orange water bag tubes, which I thought were very neat.

So we built new docks. They're bigger, they're sturdier, and they float.

the bsd boys fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 18, 2018

Mummy Napkin
looks like some good fishin there, boys

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
If you fish here, there's a cryptid you have to watch for. I'll have a post about that tomorrow - unless I do one about a very special tree on a nearby mountain.

Manifisto

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

If you fish here, there's a cryptid you have to watch for. I'll have a post about that tomorrow - unless I do one about a very special tree on a nearby mountain.

:f5:

ty nesamdoom!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Today the cat found a marijuana under a windswept sky

is what i read at first. I like the cat and thread

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
Behold: the terror of the lake. Grim visage set in a rictus grin, it haunts the dark waters and all those who dwell along its shores.

Behold Ogopogo.

It's a big softie. Ogopogo is a member of the very short list of cryptids with no injuries or attacks attributed to them, and terribly few sightings despite the constant vigilance of cryptid hunters foreign and domestic. Usually depicted as something like a sea serpent with the head of a seahorse, Ogopogo is said to dwell in a hidden cavern deep inside the lake. Skeptics say it's just a myth evolved from old First Nations legends. I say Ogopogo is real, and strong, and my friend.

The cat is still scared of the big goober though

quite stretched out

the chillest
maybe the cat thinks it is a long bendy cucumber

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

lake terror for catte :O

Twenty Four

lovin this wanderin cat thread!

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
Today the cat got all filthy in a puddle, and found the Dolphins' sister sculpture.

This is the city's other work by Robert Dow Reid, and it occupies a place of honor on the waterfront at the end of downtown's main street. It's named The Spirit of Sail, and nobody ever calls it that - to the average person, it's just The Sails. It weighs something like 4,000 pounds, and is made of fiberglass stretched over a sturdy metal frame, just like the Dolphins.

Twenty Four

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

Today the cat got all filthy in a puddle, and found the Dolphins' sister sculpture.

This is the city's other work by Robert Dow Reid, and it occupies a place of honor on the waterfront at the end of downtown's main street. It's named The Spirit of Sail, and nobody ever calls it that - to the average person, it's just The Sails. It weighs something like 4,000 pounds, and is made of fiberglass stretched over a sturdy metal frame, just like the Dolphins.

I would call it the death blade!

Other then the cat, that is cute stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Bump before goldmine

Please speak up if you’re not done

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

• Locked thread