Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
The Time Stone is probably going to be the most annoying to get. Just a feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Aumanor posted:

Have you tried putting them both in the gauntlet yet?

Yes I have

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

achtungnight posted:

The Time Stone is probably going to be the most annoying to get. Just a feeling.

Lol you try to be so sneaky, I already know that you get it from Sigrund the Queen of the Valkyries and that she is the hardest boss in the game

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I actually didn’t know that till now. Believe me or not, your choice. It was a lucky guess.

Also, I didn’t know about Loki’s mythological father not being Laufey. Thanks for that fact. Not surprising Marvel got it wrong.

New badass slogan for Kratos and my favorite line of the game- "Prophecy didn't count on you."

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 7, 2018

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Loki, like most Nordic Mythology, has varying parentage because it's not actually that well documented.

A lot of the really old Nordic Mythology has Loki and Odin as the same person, for example.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think Loki got turned into more of a villain once the Christian missionaries stopped being just murdered out of hand and the Vikings started actually talking to them.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
I'm more interested in knowing whether the GoW Norse gods possess their powers only within their own realms or are they able to extend those to the now godless Greece or somewhere else.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Huh. I was expecting a last minute swerve regarding the mountain.

Like yeah, that mountain in Jotunheim is very tall... but I think anyone in this thread could name a taller one.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

In this side mission we go after a set of Dwarven Armor of legend, and free another dragon along the way

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Shadowlyger posted:

Huh. I was expecting a last minute swerve regarding the mountain.

Like yeah, that mountain in Jotunheim is very tall... but I think anyone in this thread could name a taller one.

Personally I wouldn’t mind Kratos visiting the Himalayas, the tallest mountains I can think of on Earth- long as he fought yeti, rakshasas, Shiva, and Kali while he was in the neighborhood.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

achtungnight posted:

Personally I wouldn’t mind Kratos visiting the Himalayas, the tallest mountains I can think of on Earth- long as he fought yeti, rakshasas, Shiva, and Kali while he was in the neighborhood.

I was thinking more Olympus.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I have to admit, I'd never expected such good writing and storytelling from a God of War game. The dynamics between Dad Kratos and Boi Atreus are great and Mimir is a treaure (please devs, give him a body in the next game). The fights are cinematically impressive and really visceral, great design. I really look forward to see Kratos duke it out with the fat dobber Thor. Also it would be pretty great if in future iterations we see Kratos travelling across the world and punching all the gods.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

I've noticed the exit door in the portal network pops up in the same spot every time, just a little past where you start. You just have to wait for it to spawn.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Shadowlyger posted:

I've noticed the exit door in the portal network pops up in the same spot every time, just a little past where you start. You just have to wait for it to spawn.

Not quite true, the portal generally has 5 locations it can spawn and picks the one closest in front of you. The timing on the dialogues usually means it’s the same one every time though.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The tree walking segment is a well disguised loading screen.

e: I like that throughout the game, despite how much Mimir likes to rag on him and pretend he's not a big deal, you can always tell that he's just as afraid of Thor as everyone else who ever met him.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 8, 2018

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh shiiit Mimir is supposed to be Puck in this.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

In this final episode we take on all 9 of the Valkyries!

I know I said that I would show off Musphelheim and Nifilheim, but I was 2 hours into recording Nifilhiem and I realized how boring it kind of was, both realms don't have any story it is all combat driven and it just seemed monotonous, so I made the executive decision to not record those worlds.

This will be the last episode of God of War, I don't believe the developers had plans for a DLC so this is all the content we get till the next game comes out. Thank you all again for joining me on this game and stay awesome BOI.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I will have a certain piece by Wagner playing in the background while I watch this last video. :rock:

Thanks for the LP and great job! Looking forward to your next project and updates of your other current one I am following. Peace!

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Final count with bonus percentages!

BOY: 186 (80.8%)
Atreus: 42 (18.3%) I included the one that was about Proto-Atreus because I was feeling bad for the kid at that point.
Loki: 2 (0.008%)

Thank you for the fantastic LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Thank you everyone for all the input, commentary, history lessons and of course the boi count!

• Locked thread