Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
*knocks on your door in a Pepe shirt and Kekistan necktie* Excuse me sir, have you heard the good news about epic lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Feldegast42 posted:

http://ergofabulous.org/luther/

Some of these are applicable through to today. How is it, then, that you drivel like people in their second childhood?

I would not dream of judging or punishing you, except to say that you were born from the behind of the devil, are full of devils, lies, blasphemy, and idolatry; are the instigator of these things, God's enemy, Antichrist, desolater of Christendom, and steward of Sodom.

:drat:

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

ikanreed posted:

Qanon was a dumbass idea that arresting all the Dems and deep state was gonna happen.

not saying this isn't all dumb as gently caress but come on, you guys know this is actually going to happen right?

this current strain of right-wing insanity is only one step removed from full on fascism. one push away from declaring all democrats and leftists pedophiliac enemies of the state who must be arrested and executed so TRUMP! can be allowed to carry out his master plan.

i'm not saying it can't or won't be stopped, but if mueller actually does indict trump and if these fuckers get the sense that they're about to lose power, you better loving believe plenty of "mainstream" republicans will begin making up bullshit about anyone left of the far-right being a pedophile deep-state traitor who must be arrested and investigated. i'm sure mccarthyism look just as stupid and absurd to the people being victimized by it back then. that didn't make the consequences any less real.

don't underestimate these lunatics and don't underestimate how low any republican politician is willing to go.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Q was the worst next generation character by far and fans of him are invariably poo poo

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Q was the worst next generation character by far and fans of him are invariably poo poo

john de lancie a brony 4 real

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

not saying this isn't all dumb as gently caress but come on, you guys know this is actually going to happen right?

this current strain of right-wing insanity is only one step removed from full on fascism. one push away from declaring all democrats and leftists pedophiliac enemies of the state who must be arrested and executed so TRUMP! can be allowed to carry out his master plan.

i'm not saying it can't or won't be stopped, but if mueller actually does indict trump and if these fuckers get the sense that they're about to lose power, you better loving believe plenty of "mainstream" republicans will begin making up bullshit about anyone left of the far-right being a pedophile deep-state traitor who must be arrested and investigated. i'm sure mccarthyism look just as stupid and absurd to the people being victimized by it back then. that didn't make the consequences any less real.

don't underestimate these lunatics and don't underestimate how low any republican politician is willing to go.

That the right are monsters who would eat it up if it happened, I don't contest.

That this administration is capable of capitalizing on that vile stupidity for anything other than getting away with lovely grift is pretty dumb conspiracy mongering

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

if we're gonna survive this poo poo we need something like the sentinels from xmen except it detects ppl who are significantly lead poisoned and mercifully executes them with a death ray

DETECTING IF HUMAN SUBJECT IS REGULAR OR UNLEADED... BEEP BOOP... UNLEADED BRAIN DETECTED. *GIVES GIANT ROBOT THUMBS UP* CARRY ON, CITIZEN

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Summary executions for some, Thumbs Up for others :911:

*crowd woos*

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

ikanreed posted:

That the right are monsters who would eat it up if it happened, I don't contest.

That this administration is capable of capitalizing on that vile stupidity for anything other than getting away with lovely grift is pretty dumb conspiracy mongering

Trump and the idiots he keeps close are deffo too dumb to actually capitalize on this but the people pulling the strings behind all of the far-right "movements" aren't. The ones actually creating the super PACs, conservative news sites, and targeted Facebook ads are fully aware that 40% of the country is willing to believe absolutely anything so long as you stroke them properly, and they're competent enough to exploit it. This Qanon poo poo is a great example of how they do it - boomers didn't find /pol/ and Qanon on their own, they were pushed to it by the hundreds of conservative "news" websites that have popped up over the last decade.

Not that it's any different than it ever was, just worse. The cancer has spread further than I would have ever believed it could 5 years ago and it was able to spread because most of us were huffing those Obama fumes thinking decorum would save the day.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

Trump and the idiots he keeps close are deffo too dumb to actually capitalize on this but the people pulling the strings behind all of the far-right "movements" aren't. The ones actually creating the super PACs, conservative news sites, and targeted Facebook ads are fully aware that 40% of the country is willing to believe absolutely anything so long as you stroke them properly, and they're competent enough to exploit it. This Qanon poo poo is a great example of how they do it - boomers didn't find /pol/ and Qanon on their own, they were pushed to it by the hundreds of conservative "news" websites that have popped up over the last decade.

Not that it's any different than it ever was, just worse. The cancer has spread further than I would have ever believed it could 5 years ago and it was able to spread because most of us were huffing those Obama fumes thinking decorum would save the day.

Why on earth would decorum do anything against a monster who wields it as a weapon of convenience?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Waffle House posted:

Why on earth would decorum do anything against a monster who wields it as a weapon of convenience?

It let's you get high on your own sense of superiority and go to fundraisers, which is more important than winning for many people.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

will you idiots shut the gently caress up about """decorum""" for one loving thread, christ. idk why goons get worked up over something that's a nuisance at worst

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

"decorum" is just shorthand for all the failings of the liberal mindset that allow fascist and reactionary movements to flourish unchecked

it's why facebook is now getting advice on how to protect free speech from the heritage foundation, because useless libs were unwilling to press zuckerberg with the same pretend outrage that two semi-professional youtube trolls can create in the space of a week

the same people who celebrated the failure of the ACA repeal are ignoring the federal court system dismantling the entire progressive agenda for the past 50 years, and will be caught completely dumbfounded as to why they will rule medicare for all or a job guarantee unconstitutional as well

it's just the liberal version of the same type of brain poisoning that makes these qanon people think there's a secret pedophile cabal around every corner

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if you think that mentality is in the top 50 of our problems as a country you're out of your loving mind. it's a symptom, not a disease

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

omnipotence is way too common in star trek

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

if you think that mentality is in the top 50 of our problems as a country you're out of your loving mind. it's a symptom, not a disease

SELF FLAGELLATION AND ENDLESSLY BITCHING ABOUT OURSELVES IS THE ONLY SOLUTION COMRADE

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

get that OUT of my face posted:

Lmao, just because decorum isn't a direct cause of material outcomes, you can't just ignore how it propogates things like the forever war and corruption by making honest attacks on them impossible

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Decorum is not a problem. We just need to remind people that proper decorum has been and will always be to call out racist cousin-fuckers as fascist retards that should be re-purposed into dog food.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

ikanreed posted:

Lmao, just because decorum isn't a direct cause of material outcomes, you can't just ignore how it propogates things like the forever war and corruption by making honest attacks on them impossible

How does it make honest attacks impossible

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
qanon kanye when

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Because you can't call the president a mass murderer in any public venue? You idiot? You gooddamn moron?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

imagine if bush junior got what he deserved (publicly ridiculed, slapped and spat on) instead of what he actually got (serious political magazines fawning over his dog paintings and how much more decorumy he was)

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

are you loving kidding me?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

the bitcoin of weed posted:

imagine if bush junior got what he deserved (tried for war crimes and executed in public alongside shadow president cheney)

ftfy

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
it's so easy to make fun of the Qanon people

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

yeah probably

imagine if bush had been the guy who poisoned himself live at the hague. that would loving rule

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

That Robot posted:

it's so easy to make fun of the Qanon people

the same thing has happened before multiple times in history, has exhibited clear patterns for behavior and response, has always had clear logical inconsistencies, has always ignored the burden of proof, and every time ALL these dupes think they’re the real enlightened brain geniouses for falling for it.:allears:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the bitcoin of weed posted:

yeah probably

imagine if bush had been the guy who poisoned himself live at the hague. that would loving rule

international justice only applies to bigtime geopolitical losers, like 90s russia-aligned balkan war criminals and random african elected officials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

international justice only applies to bigtime geopolitical losers, like 90s russia-aligned balkan war criminals and random african elected officials

The FYR war losers don't even get tried in the hague, instead a special 'its ok to try white people here' FYR specific court. The Hague is entirely for punishing African dictators.

• Locked thread