Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

They really try to make a major withdraw on the emotions bank that they never put a real deposit into. Bryce has been nothing but a snarky rear end in a top hat and yet suddenly gets incredibly uplifting in the last few minutes of the game, Nikki and him suddenly caring about each other at all was annoying too.

The final boss was about as uncharismatic as it gets too. At least Sangria was memorable if... totally inconsequential. I wish he had been the final boss instead.

Man, this game is just aggressively mediocre from every angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I appreciate that the game bothered to explain how Bryce kept regenerating even after getting his eye ripped out and losing the source of his immortality. It felt like the writers were still trying a little bit even in the face of incredible stupidity.

Except the explanation doesn't work in the fiction. Alex is an imperfect immortal and can't regenerate his limbs, unlike the perfect immortal Bryce. So when Bryce takes his eye, he should no longer be able to regenerate his limbs. That last fight could have shaken up some mechanics and tried to do something interesting, but instead it just. went. on.

This game. What a great concept. What a wet fart of an execution.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, that was an efficient ending. Lot of wasted potential in this game.

bbcisdabomb posted:

I appreciate that the game bothered to explain how Bryce kept regenerating even after getting his eye ripped out and losing the source of his immortality. It felt like the writers were still trying a little bit even in the face of incredible stupidity.

Except the explanation doesn't work in the fiction. Alex is an imperfect immortal and can't regenerate his limbs, unlike the perfect immortal Bryce. So when Bryce takes his eye, he should no longer be able to regenerate his limbs. That last fight could have shaken up some mechanics and tried to do something interesting, but instead it just. went. on.

This game. What a great concept. What a wet fart of an execution.

I could have sworn Alex regenerated his arms a bunch of times. I don't think he can regenerate from a head though so your point stands.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 6, 2018

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
That was a game, and you played it to the end.

This was an LP, and I read it to the end.

What a waste of a good idea.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

If you search for "sangria_render_full_resolution.png" you'll find a 15 megabyte hi-res render of Sangria.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

The worst games are always the most assured of having a sequel.

What a terrible, terrible game. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly I sort of want a sequel. Maybe produced by someone else, but the game at the very core does have a lot of soul to it, with ideas executed well enough to be tortuous but still showing the potential of it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What's with these terrible games with invincible protagonists? Wario makes it all look so easy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
I like the idea of Bryce going full Doom and bringing the fight to the demons in hell.
It's a shame the game turned out the way it is when there is this faint possibility of something good in it.

• Locked thread