Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Do it ironically posted:

the dude who does the magnus character is just so passive aggressive, started around the halfway point of the suffering game arc, just constant with the comments and poo poo, if wanted to listen to that i'd go hang out with my family

I liked when it was about taako trying to find all the ingredients to invent the taco. And that little whiny voiced boy character whatever his name was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Angus? Griffin made him a one off in the train arc and the Tumblrinos went nuts for him.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Careful Drums posted:

are there any good podcasts that aren't about horrible poo poo that has happened in history

Yes, dozens.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Stexils posted:

the suffering game is the worst arc

the chars have 0 agency, theres nothing funny and just constant horrible poo poo happening to them, theres no npcs for them to interact with other than the one companion who does almost literally nothing. its just incredibly unfun, easily the low point of TAZ

i think thats travis? yeah hes def the worst of the 3

Suffering game sucks for why you said but everything after also sucks because griffin was poisoned by the sincerity viper

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Mtgs limited resources cause I'm a huge fkn nerd op

region25
Apr 30, 2002

deep brain stimulation
I work at Panoply, AMA if you want. (And PM if you have a podcast and are interested in changing platforms.)

I listen to every episode of:
No Agenda (OGs with the best live production chops in the universe)
No Such Thing as a Fish
Ear Biscuits (Rhett and Link's best medium)
h3h3
Talking Simpsons (this show got some heat in the thread but is really good and worth giving a try)
The Bugle (great guests and consistently funny still)
Stuff You Should Know
Well Red (Trae Crowder's podcast)
SonicTalk (usually on YouTube, don't miss this if you like music technology)

Sometimes, Daily Zeitgeist, 20k Hz, Marc Maron.

I pay attention to the Drunken Peasants and DFF and that sort of thing on YouTube too, which is sort of a crossover kind of thing.

Edit: also I can probably answer any questions you have about how advertising in podcasting works

region25 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 16, 2018

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Anyone else listen to any Frogpants shows?
Speaking of live production chops, Scott Johnson is good at making an almost unedited show sound well produced.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

region25 posted:

Edit: also I can probably answer any questions you have about how advertising in podcasting works
Why do I have such a strong urge to try mail chimp, square space, and Casper matress?

Do you ever get involved into discussion of the ethics of blurring the line between personal endorsement and paid advertising?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

CopperHound posted:

Why do I have such a strong urge to try mail chimp, square space, and Casper matress?

Don't forget about eating some Blue Apron and sending people bills with Freshbooks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Griffin is the secret worst brother. Travis seems to not know when to turn himself off but has the ability to do so. Griffin is on 24/7 and never turned off.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Justin is the Best Brother by a mile.

Travis is great in MBMBAM because his dumb conjectures usually lead to funnier goofs. However he is largely intolerable anywhere else.

Griffin is totally the type of person who starts sandbagging when he doesn't get his way. But their podcasts would be nothing without him and he knows it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah that pretty much nails it.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Whoever suggested the sleep with me podcast, THANK YOU!

I've been using it for about a week now. It's magic. I don't think I've made it past 15 minutes listening before I zonk out. And my sleep has been great. What's happening?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

region25 posted:

I work at Panoply, AMA if you want. (And PM if you have a podcast and are interested in changing platforms.)

I listen to every episode of:
No Agenda (OGs with the best live production chops in the universe)
No Such Thing as a Fish
Ear Biscuits (Rhett and Link's best medium)
h3h3
Talking Simpsons (this show got some heat in the thread but is really good and worth giving a try)
The Bugle (great guests and consistently funny still)
Stuff You Should Know
Well Red (Trae Crowder's podcast)
SonicTalk (usually on YouTube, don't miss this if you like music technology)

Sometimes, Daily Zeitgeist, 20k Hz, Marc Maron.

I pay attention to the Drunken Peasants and DFF and that sort of thing on YouTube too, which is sort of a crossover kind of thing.

How much money does Joe Rogan make from his podcast?

Crispulus
Dec 13, 2007

Aren't you supposed to yell at me and call me "HOPE" and motivate me over this wall?
Majority Report.
Welcome to Night Vale.
WTF with Marc Maron
Chapo Trap House.
The Micheal Brooks Show.
I haven't gotten into Antifada yet tho.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

Whoever suggested the sleep with me podcast, THANK YOU!

I've been using it for about a week now. It's magic. I don't think I've made it past 15 minutes listening before I zonk out. And my sleep has been great. What's happening?

The man is a wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

beep-beep car is go posted:

Angus? Griffin made him a one off in the train arc and the Tumblrinos went nuts for him.

Ango ruled

• Locked thread