Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiraeh
Dec 7, 2014
Is there a photography thread? There must be but I can't find one.

I'm taking medium-close range pictures of people with decent to good light with a pixel 2, for screen use. So fairly optimal conditions. Internet comparisons vary from techies who find it pretty good and stands up when you're comparing poorly framed shots of random poo poo on their desks/out their windows to photo snob forums who can't imagine using a phone camera for anything other than figuring out what brand of cleaner their wife wants them to buy(a direct quote). Surely someone here combines that love of cutting edge bullshit and condescending photographer snobbery and can split the difference for me.

Right now I see more areas to improve in terms of composition and lighting that anything to do with the camera quality. The only thing that did frustrate me was sometimes in the space we were in I couldn't back up enough and would have liked the option of a wider angle camera, a minor issue that given the final use for the photos is going to rarely effect the end product.

I could afford to drop a grand or so on a camera. I've dabbled in film photography before, so I have some knowledge base but I won't be using a new camera optimally right away. That's fine. If optimal use of a camera I can afford would be a noticeable difference I want to know. Obviously optimal use of a $10000 camera will be better, but that's not really on the table.

These aren't edited or even cropped, but I have the graphics background to handle that part.
Spoilered because although not nude, they may be too suggestive for your workplace.

Yeah, boudoir photography. Is there a sex work thread in a/t or is that too much troll bait? I'll start one if there's genuine interest.

Edit tinypic doesn't like us or am I doing something wrong? Here's a link https://imgur.com/a/8wPh9ko

kiraeh fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
Ask in the Dorkroom.

kiraeh
Dec 7, 2014
Thanks!

• Locked thread