Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

I've been working on a project for about four years now to collect lines of specific dialogue or quotes from 464 Marvel characters from movies, video games, television series, comic books, and once I get a grasp of a characters mannerisms, even a bit of role play here and there. The project is located here. Some of you may remember it as I posted it here about two years ago. I'm still on it, and I could really use some help to push it across the finish line.

The purpose of this is that there is a game called Comic Book Hero. In this game, characters go about their daily lives interacting with one another. The bad guys set up traps and puzzles, the good guys track them down and move between alternate dimensions, cities, and even time periods. They have secret identities, they train, they form super groups and gain sidekicks. It's all really organic and neat. The only problem is that they didn't get the rights to use actual comic book heroes, so they made their own lovely ones. Luckily someone made a mod that adds 464 Marvel characters...and it is really neat to see Thor going back and forth between Asgard and Midgard, Spiderman go at it with Venom, and so on. The only problem is that it is somewhat lifeless because although the game supports dialogue, the mod didn't add any, so they do all of this silently for now.

There are enough situations in the game for dialogue that it would take 11,000+ lines to fully voice all the characters, and that was a bit overwhelming, so recently I cut it down to four per character. I feel like that is a lot more manageable. Once these four are filled out for everyone, I can plug all the dialogue into the mod, and really make this universe breathe. Since the mod was based on 90's Marvel, I can then add more characters that were made later, like the Guardians of the Galaxy, or the Venom offspring, or Hulksters like Red Hulk and Skaar. (I'm keeping track of those "extra" characters here.) Once they are added, I am going to start filling out more dialogue situations (such as when a character is stunned), a lot of those are actually already filled out, but for now this stays at four situations so I can get some tangible progress.

Anyway, I've been working on this forever, and I could use any help I can get, so that's why I am posting it here. The characters are sorted by how filled out they are, with the ones at the bottom having less dialogue than the ones at the top. I am going to continue working on this, but I could really use any extra dialogue for those ones at the bottom. I usually have to do a little research on a character to find lines, and if the character is pretty obscure I attempt to roleplay him.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread