Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

It was originally going to be Tombstone vs End Game but the team couldn't get ready on time (though if you're curious to see how that would go look up Carbide vs Aftershock who also embedded a piece of the opponent on the arena glass).

Love this new format of Battlebots, especially since it means every robot gets at least a couple of fights.

Re: Bite Force self-righting. Bite Force could self-right, but involves using its weapon and hurling itself on the arena wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Too bad they aren't gonna leave that embedded in the arena wall for the rest of the series - it'd be a great piece of lore

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
This season of Battlebots was pretty cool and I did enjoy it, but I have to skip almost everything except the fights and some of the builder profiles because of how extremely cringy it is.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pararoid posted:

This season of Battlebots was pretty cool and I did enjoy it, but I have to skip almost everything except the fights and some of the builder profiles because of how extremely cringy it is.

Same, I only watch Faruq's intros and then the fight, I have no interest in hearing each driver say "Well we just got to drive real good and get in behind their weapon!" for the 80th time.

Congrats to Biteforce, but I was really rooting for Minotaur.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Biteforce is awesome, I just wish it and the team had a little more personality. Although it is very apropos that the best fighting robot contest was won by the engineeriest engineer.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I also FF through almost everything, besides the fights I like the [too few] pit videos. Kenny and Chris are cool and sometimes I watch their reactions just because they don't spend much time on it.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

wormil posted:

I also FF through almost everything, besides the fights I like the [too few] pit videos. Kenny and Chris are cool and sometimes I watch their reactions just because they don't spend much time on it.
Did you see this? It's like a side series of shorts focusing on pit repairs for some of the bots this season.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Coaaab posted:

Did you see this? It's like a side series of shorts focusing on pit repairs for some of the bots this season.

No but thanks for posting it, I will check it out.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Coaaab posted:

Oh hey, coo..*GEOBLOCKED*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Coaaab posted:

Oh wow, Bombshell went from limping out of the rumble to beating Tombstone in 30 minutes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also, a team showed up without a bot for ... some reason that's never explained in the short, so they spent 2 weeks building one from scratch with poo poo that was lying around only to have it catch fire in testing 5 minutes before its only fight on the last day of competition.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

PostNouveau posted:

Also, a team showed up without a bot for ... some reason that's never explained in the short, so they spent 2 weeks building one from scratch with poo poo that was lying around only to have it catch fire in testing 5 minutes before its only fight on the last day of competition.

:psylon:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I think that might be a hebocon tradition

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Some of the competitors were backup alternates. I don't think they received the build stipend the main competitors got but were told they could get at least one fight and a spot in the pits if they showed up with something.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

Biteforce is awesome, I just wish it and the team had a little more personality. Although it is very apropos that the best fighting robot contest was won by the engineeriest engineer.

I kind of like how he seems like a generally mild-mannered guy, gives his SO a peck before the fight, then turns into a cold unfeeling monster and shreds a bot.

Also, is it just me or did Chris shout "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" a lot more than usual this year?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Maybe he was jealous that Kenny had his own catchphrase.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

https://twitter.com/BattleBots/status/1052152374297550848

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tombstone was robbed in all 3 categories

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I still don't think Rotator is good, despite its success

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

I still don't think Rotator is good, despite its success

:same:

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
It got lucky, but since it lead to that extremely good fight where it straight up ripped Icewave's face off I am okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's odd they gave the most destructive to Rotator over Ice Wave who literally ripped multiple bots in half during the season. Just because they could rip through some hollow metal of Ice Wave's top...

• Locked thread