Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird.

We run a near freezing tank of sulfuric acid at work, so every morning I come in and the shop is chilly to the point of wearing gloves and it heats up a ton throughout the day after we turn on the hot immersion tanks (a few at 250 deg F) so every afternoon I'm so hot that I wish I was in shorts -- there is no perfect work outfit I can wear... yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird.

So far heres what I've come up with -- what if I wore those addidas swishy paints with snap buttons on the side so that I could tear them away Arrested Development Gob style at 2 PM to reveal the basketball shorts layer underneath

Farecoal

There he go
have you considered bringing a change of clothes op

Farecoal

There he go
a simpler and more permanent solution would be to crack open the tank of acid. then you guys wouldn't have set the temperature so low and also wouldn't have to come to work anymore

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
Instead of clothes, wrap yourself snugly in thick bandages and gradually unwind them throughout the day.

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
carry a space heater around with you, pointed at your coldest spot. turn it down as the environment warms.

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
if you drink enough before you show up to work you won't feel cold

bird.

what about if i lined my pants with 43 upside down air dusters, and then after noon every day i just walked around the office "hey, need your keyboard dusted? maybe your tower??"

Manifisto

dip your body in wax before coming to work every day. as the temperature increases the wax will melt, allowing you to cool off

on festive days you can dip your body in several colors to match the occasion

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

dip your body in wax before coming to work every day. as the temperature increases the wax will melt, allowing you to cool off

on festive days you can dip your body in several colors to match the occasion

I like the wax bath idea

Even better, start a bee colony so you are helping grow local bee and flower populations. You'll need A LOT of bees to make this work.

Twenty Four

If it isn't removable, does it even qualify as clothes?

artoke

I have seen plenty of pants that have zippers to turn into shorts, but never any long sleeve shirts with zippers to remove the sleeves. I think there is a business opportunity here.

Does your work allow Tripp pants? I think I have a few pairs laying around from my high school goth days. Added bonus is you can fit a whole 2 liter bottle in each pocket, you know, in case you need to be carrying six 2 liters.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
I don't bother with "clothing". No, I'm not a nudist or anything like that! I just dress myself by winding thread all over my body in layers, allowing me to make my tops and bottoms as long or short or thick or thin as I want. I might have to spend an hour and a half every day getting dressed, and be on the watch for cats, dogs, small rodents, moving machinery, and other hazards.

But you know what? Everyone says I have the flyest threads. Especially when the wind catches 'em and they start unraveling...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bird.

How about if I make a suit out of fruit roll-ups and then slowly eat away at parts throughout the day?

Bonus: I don't have to pack lunch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

BrownianMotion posted:

How about if I make a suit out of fruit roll-ups and then slowly eat away at parts throughout the day?

Bonus: I don't have to pack lunch!

There's a whole culinary world of flat, pliable foodstuffs out there. The sky's the limit!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread