Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

If only it did though, such a more convenient way to mark them, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

40 Proof Listerine posted:

This trick is funnier if you're aggressive with making new Contacts you can meet Aetaan Char and work for her like a normal Contact so Indie Aetaan Char is a really funny prospect.

This is funny, but obviously quite incompatible with the lore.

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011
Working against Indies isn't entirely without negatives. Killing indies in combat is more likely to give your combat crew drinking problems, PTSD, etc than regular fighting.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
Mobile's on 3.3.85 and Steam's on 3.3.87, looking forward to the mobile parity since 3.3.87 shakes up the ship combat a little bit by letting the AI get access to all the new kit the players got in the past couple patches.

Latest update posted:

v3.3.87 - 1/21/2024
- Upgraded "Draiv Solregard", Legendary Bounty Hunter
- New "Traveler" class of Hyperwarp Drive Component, includes +1 Officer Cabin (2400, 3400, 5000 Mass)
- New Component: Interlocking Sensor Matrix 7, Ferrochromium Plating II available after Second Founding Era
- Added components from the v3.3.x updates to the AI ship designer
- Pirate Fleet Rumors increase chance of Crew Combat in Black Market
- Xeno Fleet Rumors increase chance of access in Black Market
- Mercenary Rumor increases the value of Intel cards in Black Market

Part of my last several runs has been seeing how small a ship I can get away with for the general midgame eras pre-Jyeeta since smaller faster engines mean getting more missions done and the new Traveler hyperwarp drives are a real interesting upgrade especially for B priority ship starts like the Aeternum Vindex and the Palace Interceptor.

The faction specific M3400 and M5000 ships are all really great values that can be upgraded to hold their own against Terrox Xeno on a budget so they're good for midgame passenger ferrying and the occasional pirate blasting.

willing to settle posted:

Working against Indies isn't entirely without negatives. Killing indies in combat is more likely to give your combat crew drinking problems, PTSD, etc than regular fighting.

Yeah the time based trait mutations are pretty notable, since I keep punching Xeno ships in the face and thus probably a quarter of my crew wind up with "Other Fascination" trait (gain morale on seeing Xeno ships instead of losing morale).

There's a soft timer on Xeno encounters where they're less likely to appear in rumors and cards before year 215.01 unless you go Exploring or Scavenging for them deliberately and I got a good laugh because I started a new run with an Explorer captain and saw Xeno explore cards in week 2 on 210.04 and decided that planet can stay unexplored.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Anyone played/playing Cyberknights? I got it no questions-asked on release but haven't played it yet, but I see it has had a major update and every week or so has a patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

So, I got around to playing Cyberknights and it is really good. Gameplay is sort of in the middle between XCOM and Invisible Inc, there's a constant time pressure from security systems becoming alerted to your presence, but it's not really a fail state, more an escalation and you get tools to reduce said escalation (such as calling in favours from your contracts, hacking or killing alerted guards). Both stealth and combat are viable approaches and thankfully stealth doesn't operate as a fail state, you can even return to it in a mission after resolving an encounter and it feels as thought of as the combat itself. It is also decently challenging even on normal.

I will say that there's still a lot of content to add, but the core game feels pretty solid and there's a lot of game here already, it is as complex and well considered as any Treese Brothers game. My only complaint was the lack of tutorialization for hacking, which is a relatively complex system even if not completely unintuitive.