Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.

:siren: EA has confirmed Battlefield V is coming! :siren:

When: May 23

Time: 1 PM PST, 4 PM EST, 10 PM CET

Websites to watch the livestream: Youtube, Twitch, Mixer, and the official Battlefield website

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-5-live-reveal-ten-things-not-to-miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Battleroyalefield V

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
I hope that the xxxtreme bfv pack is 1000 dollars like the new iphone thats how amped i am about this poo poo game

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ZionestLord posted:

I hope that the xxxtreme bfv pack is 1000 dollars like the new iphone thats how amped i am about this poo poo game

Battlefield is my religion so I just tithe 10% of my paychecks to automatically go straight to EA.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Generic complaint about :dice: bugs and whatever OP gun replaces the hellreigel.

Also snipers.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Vakal posted:

Battlefield is my religion so I just tithe 10% of my paychecks to automatically go straight to EA.

How many days of early access does that get you?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Lambert posted:

How many days of early access does that get you?

About two years when they come out with the next one.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Oh a proper Battlefield V thread? I'm game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Preordered and going to support EA, a company on the rise and doesn’t have a clue how to keep track of how many sequels they actually make of a game.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Hmm so far don't like BFV all that much. Doesn't really "feel" like WW2 at all, plus I was playing the Brits and had a STG 44??

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its going to be good

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I was killed and could respawn, this goes against my understanding of life and death, 0/10 would enjoy too much.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hmmm I don’t see the Inglorious Basterds in game. Thought this was true to WW2.

No sale.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

The cover lady looks like emily blunt though so that's a +1 imho

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Of course though. She was in World War #2.

Purchasing now.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Hmm so far don't like BFV all that much. Doesn't really "feel" like WW2 at all, plus I was playing the Brits and had a STG 44??

lol at this loving post

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Battlefield is not the game you should be playing if you want historical accuracy.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I forgot they just let whoever have wahtever gun. F'in activision.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I miss the good ol days of bf1942 where the Japanese had mp44s and the british used BARs.

Also Russia used thompsons.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

were u in the game i was just playin? some idiot kept saying that the game didnt "look" like wwii and got real salty when everyone kept makin fun of him for it

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

were u in the game i was just playin? some idiot kept saying that the game didnt "look" like wwii and got real salty when everyone kept makin fun of him for it

lol naw. but it kinda doesn't look like ww2 to me. maybe it's just the design of the snow (only?) map. I feel like bf1 at least sorta felt ww1-ish even with outlandish weapons.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

The weapon changes feel good. I'm worried about performance, hopefully I can get and upgrade in before launch. As for doubleya doubleya two feel, I get it to some extent. Part of it is the British soldier in ww2 had an iconic look that dice is avoiding. Part probably because they want to show some of the possible customization? I havent seen anything about this new thing yet. Maybe think of it as ww2 British gijoe team, with mech arm girl and pilot guy, I haven't seen any ninjas yet though. The other part is the map and snow. Narvik not really iconic and they over did the snow. It's on everything, and covers all the textures making the map white and brown.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Panzeh posted:

I miss the good ol days of bf1942 where the Japanese had mp44s and the british used BARs.

Also Russia used thompsons.

Prior to patch 1.45, the Red Army had the BAR as well

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Poast videos for those of us not in the beta

Here is a sniperman sniping clueless people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3XuxzqCaAE

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how are yall in the beta

are yall influencers

tell me your twitch secrets to untold riches

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All that quick scoping nonsense that guy is doing is such bullshit. Looks like call of duty.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

It was an Alpha. Its random invite but I'm sure there is some things that help. I've been in their Alphas going back to 2142.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

RCarr posted:

All that quick scoping nonsense that guy is doing is such bullshit. Looks like call of duty.

Yeah looks really obnoxious.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RCarr posted:

I already hate scouts in BF1 (there are loads of them and do nothing for the team). That video isn't helping on selling BF V to me.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

It's okay guys I will kill them with my tank

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game good

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

battlefield v is proba-
bly going to be a goo-
d game, but I feel tha-
t the short developm-
ent cycle is eating th-
e developers alive.

(sorry about my hype-
nation).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are the servers down? I keep getting an error when I try to play.

Edit: using the server browser works

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tei posted:

battlefield v is proba-
bly going to be a goo-
d game, but I feel tha-
t the short developm-
ent cycle is eating th-
e developers alive.

(sorry about my hype-
nation).

they should have waited 6 months imo

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I played a few rounds today and I’d rather just play Battlefield 1.

Placentaur
Jan 17, 2009

This is a Good Game™ imo. The maps feel better than pretty much any BF game that I can remember.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

RCarr posted:

Yea I played a few rounds today .

wait how

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

S-N posted:

This is a Good Game™ imo. The maps feel better than pretty much any BF game that I can remember.

Agreed. The whole game does to be honest. Loving it way more than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EA access. Sign up for a month and you can play a 10 hour trial of Battlefield 5, starting yesterday.

• Locked thread