Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
Problem description: A friend of my mom has a DVD with some sort of slideshow movie on it and wants to convert and upload it so she can show it off on Facebook/Youtube. She knows nothing about computers and is about 2,000 miles away. If I could pop over and just take care of it I would, but I can't so my only option is to attempt to do it over Facebook comments. I've looked all over Google and YT for guides and they're all way more complicated than I feel comfortable about sending her or trying to talk her through over the phone; it took a while to even go from "I can't upload these pictures!" to figuring out it's a slideshow. Is there a relatively simple process to go from DVD to YouTube? It seems like there should be at this point but everything I find requires downloading at least 2 applications and setting a bunch of things and doing a whole lot of poo poo that would be a nightmare to describe over the phone to a neophyte.

--

Operating system: Definitely Windows. Probably at least XP? If it's not XP then I don't care enough to continue trying to help, and I would be happy to hear about anything Windows Vista+.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: (Yes)/No

Thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

https://www.wikihow.com/Rip-DVDs-with-VLC
is a good guide for VLC, it's also pretty straightforward on Linux. This is how I started coping my dvd collection to my server.

• Locked thread