Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Let me explain the serious lore of this show:

Serious business

---

To Be Heroine is about Futaba, a girl who finds herself transported (sigh) into a magical fantasy world, where she meets up with a strange little boy in golden underwear.

She is accosted by further strange babies with clothing-related powers. Can she protect gold-underwear kid? What's the connection between this world and her real life? Can she get home? Can she get to the bottom of what's going on? Can we???

---

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/05/20/a-new-wave-of-worldwide-animators-reaches-anime-to-be-heroine-staff-interview/

quote:

To Be Hero was always one of the most interesting co-operations between the Chinese and Japanese animation industries, with the eye-catching artistic talent coming from the former. Rough around the edges and featuring crude humor that definitely wasn’t for everyone, but by all means a neat little venture that maintained a uniquely indie charm in a professional project. The second series To Be Heroine – by all means approachable for new viewers – is just now beginning its broadcast in Japan and the international streams, so now is the perfect chance to examine this fascinating follow-up; To Be Heroine is a more ambitious effort by the director that nonetheless keeps its outrageous sense of humor, a remarkable change in format, and perhaps most importantly, it’s a true worldwide animation effort. Many young artists from all around the planet were recruited online to contribute to the show’s grand action and crazy slapstick comedy, marking in multiple cases their professional debut, let alone first appearance in an anime project.
(You don't need to have seen To Be Hero)

This is a weird-rear end show and so far it's a lot of fun.

Watch it on Crunchyroll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/to-be-heroine/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I'm honestly surprised how much of a step up To be Heroine is over To be Hero, and I liked To be Hero quite a bit.

Futaba may be the best dressed person in a world of naked babies, but she's still burned through an alarming amount of clothing by just the second episode. Hopefully she's got a lot of layers.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Butterfly meme, but "is this Kill La Kill?"

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Never nudes are finally receiving recognition in anime.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I bet all her friends are dead. (JK she's probably just reminiscing about her life as she enters collage/contemplates leaving her friend group)

I can't believe she's already killed 4 babies and they're all together playing majong in the afterlife.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Never nudes are finally receiving recognition in anime.

lol

Agronox posted:

Butterfly meme, but "is this Kill La Kill?"

lol

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Min is cool and I can't believe her shoes died.

Also lol the 'wtf, only 94%?' thing

Fangz fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Some of the action scenes are neat, but I'm not digging much else. The comedy is too cringe for me.

Oh, the non-linear presentation of the story is well executed.

• Locked thread