Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Heidi: "Oh, it's Simon! Simon! Simon Moowell!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Results are on. We three, Glennis and Daniel in the bubble.

Trailer trash comedian through.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I guess I’m rooting for wild violin man?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
If another singing kid wins this poo poo can they just change the name of the show to "Another Singing Contest" instead?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TheBizzness posted:

I guess I’m rooting for wild violin man?

If he's actually got neuropathy in his hands then I'm real impressed he manages what he does. Or he's doped up pretty good. But either way he's the best not-singer left.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Shin Lim is still kicking isn’t he? Thought he was excellent last time.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

TheBizzness posted:

Shin Lim is still kicking isn’t he? Thought he was excellent last time.

Is he the close up magic dude? Hes my favorite.

Is the choir still around? Im a bit behind.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The choir got eliminated last night. I personally don’t think they ever topped their audition (that’s when they did Africa right?).

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Only one singer in the top 5? What a world!

e: It wasn't even the child singer!

e2: OPEN THE BLOOD GATES

A Big Dark Yak fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 20, 2018

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo son. This is getting interesting.

Magic man takes it. The curse is lifted.

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 20, 2018

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Thank god. I was about to write this show off as another lousy music show but its the magicians and physical acts that keep me watching.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
I'm glad Shin won, but I was a little grossed out that the country singing shitkicker beat the kid singer. Yeah, kid singers are played out as gently caress, but still.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

The finale is worth a watch on demand if you haven't seen it for, if nothing else, the judges' sheer disbelief that the two comedians being put up against each other was real (and not a "Neither of you!"), and thus that one of Courtney or Michael wasn't going to make it into the top 5.

You don't get to see much of them, but it looks like they honestly can't believe that what's happening is real.

(Bonus prize for the wave of audience boos when Michael is first out from that group.)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Majorian posted:

I'm glad Shin won, but I was a little grossed out that the country singing shitkicker beat the kid singer. Yeah, kid singers are played out as gently caress, but still.

Honestly I'm glad that Courtney placed so low. Their acts both got stale but at least Micheal tried new things. Her Janis Joplin rendition was pretty bad.

Maybe a third time will be the charm for her? :v:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Trip report: went to see Jon Dorenbos' stage show tonight. It was a fun show that they said will be an HBO special. He also mentioned an added detail why he picked the trick he performed in the AGT finals. I would not have shelled out money for Grace Van Der Waal though.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Also apparently Michael was arrested for beating his wife?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I know I'm late but I'm pleasantly surprised that Shin Lim won it, and that my prediction of quirky music girl Courtney, a tried and tested formula, did not win.

Granted she was my favorite singer of the bunch, but got I hate singers on AGT.

Well, Darci Lynn was ok but at least she had a gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Darci Lynn was the best and deserved to win, imo.

Courtney needed to mix it up and do something different, but she just did the same old thing for the 3rd or 4th time in a row and it cost her.

• Locked thread