Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

I wonder if they use soft gold plating instead of hard like they're supposed to

jeff bezos is a war criminal anyway, buy monoprice
they're probably electroplated and 1 atom thick.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Laslow posted:

they're probably electroplated and 1 atom thick.

nope, by the beer-lambert law a 1-atom thick sheet of gold would be mostly transparent and would appear faintly blue where you could see it.

:spergin:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

post more pictures of the cat

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

God makes USB cables more powerful

Amen

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

no gold USB in that photo

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

but the photo is still gold,makes u thinl

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

only the highest quality products and/or services

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Please do not use lightning cables for your urethral sounding-sessions.

:ohdear:

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Link?

Also other metals? Asking for a friend.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Rhodium is a good conductor of electricity but not as good as copper, gold or silver. As Mofi stated it resists oxidation well. It is more durable then the above metals and gives a very smooth finish which is one of the keys to its use.

My experience with rhodium plated plugs is that there is a glare to them BUT I have not tried all the rhodium plated plugs out there (notably not the FI-28M and not the one Paul uses).

Also it is very important to realize that the wire in between the plugs drastically affects the sound as a whole. A plug that results in a great sound on one cord can sound like poop (technical term) on another.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Silver Alicorn posted:

Rhodium is a good conductor of electricity but not as good as copper, gold or silver. As Mofi stated it resists oxidation well. It is more durable then the above metals and gives a very smooth finish which is one of the keys to its use.

My experience with rhodium plated plugs is that there is a glare to them BUT I have not tried all the rhodium plated plugs out there (notably not the FI-28M and not the one Paul uses).

Also it is very important to realize that the wire in between the plugs drastically affects the sound as a whole. A plug that results in a great sound on one cord can sound like poop (technical term) on another.

It also works with text. You probably didn't think this was going to be a bad post but here we are!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

💩

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
For the longest time I thought your av was one of those patterns they sometimes put in the milk-foam on the tops of lattes.

:3:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I love that goofy panda

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I mean, I saw that it was a red panda. I just thought it was one made out of milk-foam?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I never thought about it that way, I asked tumblr artist Sara Litzenberger to draw my favorite panda (Pushpa, resident of the Duisburg Zoo, frequently photographed by nature photographer Matias Appel) and that's what I got. Also got some warmup sketches

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Silver Alicorn posted:

I never thought about it that way, I asked tumblr artist Sara Litzenberger to draw my favorite panda (Pushpa, resident of the Duisburg Zoo, frequently photographed by nature photographer Matias Appel) and that's what I got. Also got some warmup sketches

Take it to the coffee shop and see what they can do with it?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I need to gold plate all my usb cables first

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

this is the third thread in a row i've read that has proper capitalization and punctuation, for shame yospos

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

HoboMan posted:

this is the third thread in a row ive read that has proper capitalization and punctuation for shame yospos

:eng101:

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

DJ Commie posted:

too bad you can't easily use coathangers as usb cables to fool the usbophile in a goofy double blind test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZXxr6BbACo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
banned for posting a linus video

• Locked thread